Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

18 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Because arguably both are impacting the game negatively.

Without a doubt, appreciating we have a very vested interest in the restrictions that FFP apply to clubs, none of it makes sense to me. Arbitrary figures, where does £105m even come from and why doesn’t it change?  Why can owners input £35m?  Where does that number come from?  

I’d hazard that any team in the EPL could sell a player for around £50m if needed, what’s the big fucking deal. 

33 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

:lol:

Farcical. Everton are guilty of wrongdoing, but the rules are completely unfit for purpose. Farcical.

I'm not sure Everton have a leg to stand on there...

You can lose 135 million over three years but if that all falls in one year, you will have to carry that loss for the next two years reports as well.

You can't just sweep it under the carpet and pretend it's not there after you have been fined once.

Make it more about wages to turnover instead of the transfer fees. Don’t want any overpaid circus cunts anyway. I know it’s not quite as simple as this though. With a maximum cap.

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I'm not sure Everton have a leg to stand on there...

You can lose 135 million over three years but if that all falls in one year, you will have to carry that loss for the next two years reports as well.

You can't just sweep it under the carpet and pretend it's not there after you have been fined once.

They're making it up on the fly though. If they were public regulator going to judicial review they'd get laughed out of court.

6 minutes ago, PCW1983 said:

Without a doubt, appreciating we have a very vested interest in the restrictions that FFP apply to clubs, none of it makes sense to me. Arbitrary figures, where does £105m even come from and why doesn’t it change?  Why can owners input £35m?  Where does that number come from?  

I’d hazard that any team in the EPL could sell a player for around £50m if needed, what’s the big fucking deal. 

That’s why FFP will dominate discussions and the more clubs that are deducted points then the clamour to change things will only become louder.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

They're making it up on the fly though. If they were public regulator going to judicial review they'd get laughed out of court.

if it is 10 points and only allowed to be fined once... Let's go spend 300 million and take the hit.

But you are right they make it up after the event and we would be relegated no matter what.

I don't get what is so complicated about the City case. The evidence is in the public domain it's not like they have to go and find it. UEFA already found them guilty City just got a reduced sentence due to a technicality i.e. offensives time barred.  It's a total shambles.

I've argued the point before, I'm not disputing Everton's wrongdoing, but you have a governing body altering rules mid-season and pulling punishments out of thin air  without a precedent or rulebook in sight. It's laughable.

So am I correct in thinking that if a club is in breach of the rules on one given year, unless they do something drastic to reduce spend, or sell off half their squad, that a club will then get the same points deductions the following year and the year after?

10 minutes ago, duo said:

I don't get what is so complicated about the City case. The evidence is in the public domain it's not like they have to go and find it. UEFA already found them guilty City just got a reduced sentence due to a technicality i.e. offensives time barred.  It's a total shambles.

The independent panel will have to make a ruling on over a hundred allegedly breaches, with City's incredibly well resourced legal team providing as much

obfuscation as is imaginable.

Everton were charged with a single breach and basically had Ted Buckland from Scrubs representing them.

Edited by The Prophet

It's really starting to boil my piss this shite... ffp needs fucking off... pure protectionism for the big clubs... Everton and forest get shafted and we all know what is going to happen with city (and Chelsea).. fack all.... the way the BBC and sky toe the line regarding the narrative of why ffp exists is nauseating to say the least.

Edited by Bally21

8 minutes ago, duo said:

Different case to Forest and Everton, CAS said City had no case to answer on appeal and they received a fine for the time barred issues. Anyway this is the PL not UEFA and we’re all waiting for there (PL) next move.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I've argued the point before, I'm not disputing Everton's wrongdoing, but you have a governing body altering rules mid-season and pulling punishments out of thin air  without a precedent or rulebook in sight. It's laughable.

The vote on the loan player thing was the most ridiculous thing ever.

I get why everyone is angry at FPP. It annoys me too.

But I am sure everyone would agree that there are clubs out there that literally need protecting from themselves.

For example look at what happened with Leeds being too ambitious, failing and then having sell everyone they could, and with Bury disappearing entirely.  Not sure what the answer is, but there needs to be something in place to not have other clubs totally going under.  

How long has the £105m over 3 seasons thing been in place? From the beginning? Does it get adjusted for inflation or market changes, because players cost a lot more now than they did when FFP was first introduced? 

8 minutes ago, Decky said:

How long has the £105m over 3 seasons thing been in place? From the beginning? Does it get adjusted for inflation or market changes, because players cost a lot more now than they did when FFP was first introduced? 

10 years? 

11 minutes ago, dcmk said:

I get why everyone is angry at FPP. It annoys me too.

But I am sure everyone would agree that there are clubs out there that literally need protecting from themselves.

For example look at what happened with Leeds being too ambitious, failing and then having sell everyone they could, and with Bury disappearing entirely.  Not sure what the answer is, but there needs to be something in place to not have other clubs totally going under.  

More examples of negative impacts on clubs than positive. It's nothing other than rigged dice off the pitch and with VAR on it, the cartel has the game rigged without needing players and refs to throw it.

Both need to go in the next couple of years or I'm checking out completely. I've had enough of it, it's even more frustrating than being owned by Ashley.

The PL lawyers tried to take us on pre-takeover and got absolutely rinsed in the live streamed hearing

It was actually embarrassing to watch 

I say bring the daft cunts on for an FFP legal battle, especially as their shit rules hobble 14 clubs this time, not just NUFC

Edited by bobbydazzla