Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Just now, gbandit said:

NDM is a beast like. Seems like a pretty well adjusted character for someone who’s at the top of his field 

NDM is the lawyer that’ll get rid of all these anti competitive rules, he did a great job on behalf of the footie agents when the PL and FIFA attempted to put in a cap on their fees. Certainly knows his shit.

1 hour ago, Thumbheed said:

He's already been clear on where he stands on all this, so I doubt he'd lay his cards out like that without being crystal clear on the actual legality of it all. 

Yes we all know where he stands on FFP/PSR

IMG_0231.jpeg

3 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Yes we all know where he stands on FFP/PSR

IMG_0231.jpeg

Hypocrisy I know but I wanted him to lose this case. The money going out the game via agents is ridiculous and unnecessary.

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Hypocrisy I know but I wanted him to lose this case. The money going out the game via agents is ridiculous and unnecessary.

He won the case on the basis that such rules were anti competitive……..but he’s correct about FFP/PSR/FMV and RPT which are anti competitive and a definitive legal ruling is needed.

2 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Haha looks like we're taking the PL to the cleaners behind the scenes over this, with him at the helm. Nice 

He’s working on Forrest’s case, which is why he can’t talk.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

I agree it sticks in the craw how agents milk so much money off other people's talents, but it's the same in every industry. It's not football's problem to solve.

The football cartel clubs on the other hand are a real problem for the competitive football which has made the PL the best in the world. They must be stopped by any means necessary if we don't want them to destroy the game for ever.

20 hours ago, TRon said:

I agree it sticks in the craw how agents milk so much money off other people's talents, but it's the same in every industry. It's not football's problem to solve.

The football cartel clubs on the other hand are a real problem for the competitive football which has made the PL the best in the world. They must be stopped by any means necessary if we don't want them to destroy the game for ever.

It's so weirdly different to other industries though. An actor's agent for example is employed by the actor will take a percentage of the pay for a role they have got them. In football though the agent is not paid by the player but by the club which feels wrong. The club didn't employ the agent to broker the deal, the player employed the agent's services and as such the agent's fee should be paid by the player and not the club. 

2 minutes ago, Stal said:

It's so weirdly different to other industries though. An actor's agent for example is employed by the actor will take a percentage of the pay for a role they have got them. In football though the agent is not paid by the player but by the club which feels wrong. The club didn't employ the agent to broker the deal, the player employed the agent's services and as such the agent's fee should be paid by the player and not the club. 

This basically. 

If players paid for their agents and also their union contributions I’d be far more sympathetic to their plights at times. When I hear ex players wanting handouts from the clubs for dementia issues I’ve very little sympathy for them. Go to your union (PFA) for your handouts. The fact a player on £500kpw is asked to contribute the same amount of money as someone on £1kpw tells you all you need to know about the PFA with most of the contributions coming from the clubs and TV deals.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Suppose if we knew how the club voted we would be able to tell.

Yeah probably a tiny bit better for us 

Very good for Sky / Sly 6

Would help if (fair market value)/ related party sponsorships rules were changed to help us , but I can’t see any info on that ? 

Still doesnt affect our current issue of needing sell before June 30th, and the rules still in play for next season. So 2 years until we have a bit of breathing space.