Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

47 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I agree with this.  The only other downside would be the unknown for 3/4 of the season.

I kind of wish that us, Everton, villa, Chelsea, Leicester, Forest (maybe others) were all up for points deductions.  I think this would put more pressure on ffp than anything else. It would just make a complete mockery of the league globally.  

A lot of folks keep saying this but it doesn't make much sense to me.

Three ways to change the rules as far as I'm aware:

1, By convincing 13 other members the rules suck and should be changed. (6 clubs getting points deductions kind does the opposite as it makes the lives of the other 14 easier as the competition is weakening. 

2, legal challenge. 

3, You lobby for the independent regulator and then lobby them regarding these rules (IF such a thing exists in the regulators mandate that is).

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

A lot of folks keep saying this but it doesn't make much sense to me.

Three ways to change the rules as far as I'm aware:

1, By convincing 13 other members the rules suck and should be changed. (6 clubs getting points deductions kind does the opposite as it makes the lives of the other 14 easier as the competition is weakening. 

2, legal challenge. 

3, You lobby for the independent regulator and then lobby them regarding these rules (IF such a thing exists in the regulators mandate that is).

Your options are the sensible ones.  I disagree with your conclusion on point one though. I think the commercial damage to the league out weighs this. 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Imagine the scenes if all clubs broke it and started minus 3 or whatever at beginning of season. Would be hilariously farcical 🤣

this is the thing.  I think it just completely undermines the premier league.  

Just now, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Your options are the sensible ones.  I disagree with your conclusion on point one though. I think the commercial damage to the league out weighs this. 

What commercial damage? Two clubs got deducted points this season and nobody cares no damage was done. 

if anything I’d argue it made the season more interesting because if not relegation was done by Christmas. 

12 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

What commercial damage? Two clubs got deducted points this season and nobody cares no damage was done. 

if anything I’d argue it made the season more interesting because if not relegation was done by Christmas. 

I take your point and you could well be right.  I just think things could get to a breaking point.  When our take over was blocked social media was a mess.  Premier league corrupt etc. It was one fan base. It’s now more and more.  Everyone is getting bored of it.  I don’t trust there will be a way to improve things through legit means. So I’d try to make the whole thing a farce. 

18 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

They don't care about the Premier League.  And tbf, given why the PL breakaway happened, it is hard to sympathise with the PL as an institution.  It was formed because of the grasping greed of the top clubs, and a bunch of little ones who were happy to jump on the gravy train.  Nowts changed

Just now, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I take your point and you could well be right.  I just think things could get to a breaking point.  When our take over was blocked social media was a mess.  Premier league corrupt etc. It was one fan base. It’s now more and more.  Everyone is getting bored of it.  I don’t trust there will be a way to improve things through legit means. So I’d try to make the whole thing a farce. 

Absolutely take your point too, to be very honest the influence is social media is over stated yes fans were angry but ultimately that’s all it is, a lot of noise. As we know very well football fans will complain about Mike Ashley whilst shoveling thousands of pounds into his pockets yearly. 

I think another aspect is the rate of growth of the league in the UK at this point is largely stagnant and future growth will come from overseas. We are called legacy fans for a reason. 

If there's a clear trend of 'other 14' best players being sold on to the 'Top 6' at a reduced price (and if they want to be cheeky could even cite 'FAIR MAKET VALUE'), it'll just be another example to be used in any case against PSR and the EPL.

For example, last season you had Richarlson and Johnson going to Spurs from two clubs that tried to comply with PSR. 

Edited by OCK

Fuck them, take the hit then bring the lawyers in to make a full scale attack on how wrong the rules are. Maybe sitting back and letting the others do it isn't worth it, especially when we're now seeing so many examples of these stupid rules being anti-competitive, hypocritical and complicit in holding teams to ransom and forcing them to sell their players for less than they're worth just to hit the spreadsheet target. It stifles progression and doesn't allow for teams with owners that can afford to spend, even if they add in provision to contracts or holding money in trust to cover potential fees. And that's all before you even get to the unfairness of those teams that are already established prior to rule implementation having a massive advantage over everyone else.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Being forced to sell assets at below market value to comply with PSR would be an interesting case for a CAT for sure.

You don't get how FMV works. If we sell below value then thats "FMV" as that's what's someone was willing to pay, if we sell above value , say to Saudi, that's when it's a contravention.

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Fuck them, take the hit then bring the lawyers in to make a full scale attack on how wrong the rules are. Maybe sitting back and letting the others do it isn't worth it, especially when we're now seeing so many examples of these stupid rules being anti-competitive, hypocritical and complicit in holding teams to ransom and forcing them to sell their players for less than they're worth just to hit the spreadsheet target. It stifles progression and doesn't allow for teams with owners that can afford to spend, even if they add in provision to contracts or holding money in trust to cover potential fees. And that's all before you even get to the unfairness of those teams that are already established prior to rule implementation having a massive advantage over everyone else.

That's where I'm at.

6 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I dunno why we’re giving a shit, take the points hits. We’re not getting relegated.

Pretty sure if the PL knew we were next for a points deduction they would change the rules to make the next club an example of and relegate them. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Pretty sure if the PL knew we were next for a points deduction they would change the rules to make the next club an example of and relegate them. :lol:

They can’t. They can only punish us within the rules than were in place when we broke them. It’d have to be in line with what Everton and Forest got.