Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

The strange thing about all of the issues the PL face is the clubs absolutely insist on having rules which tilt the scales. It’s very difficult to argue against rules which promote fairness and an level playing field. 

Find it quite galling that the PL have essentially bent over and taken it up the A to appease those clubs who were quite quickly willing to fuck off to the ESL - rather than coming down on them like a tonne of bricks.  Just shows how much they have the PL in their pockets. 

3 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Find it quite galling that the PL have essentially bent over and taken it up the A to appease those clubs who were quite quickly willing to fuck off to the ESL - rather than coming down on them like a tonne of bricks.  Just shows how much they have the PL in their pockets. 

Again, the league is made up of the clubs who decide collectively and the league proceeds to enforce it. 

It’s strictly business for these people hence the lack of punishment for clubs who tried to double dip. The owners know they earn more money keeping Liverpool and Man United happy than the what they would earn if they somehow left hence the current situation. 

Basically big money ruined it. 

13 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Again, the league is made up of the clubs who decide collectively and the league proceeds to enforce it. 

It’s strictly business for these people hence the lack of punishment for clubs who tried to double dip. The owners know they earn more money keeping Liverpool and Man United happy than the what they would earn if they somehow left hence the current situation. 

Big money ruined it, but then no more big money allowed.  Close the shop. 

We have 5 or 6 clubs who want to limit competition.

Then we have 10 or so clubs happy just to do enough not to be relegated/finish mid table, with owners limiting how much they need to invest.

Then a handful of clubs with ambitions but hamstrung by the rules set by the others.

I don’t understand fans of those 10 or so mid tables teams, who are blinded by lights of the Premier League and are happy to never compete.

Just now, Maggies said:

Then we have 10 or so clubs happy just to do enough not to be relegated/finish mid table, with owners limiting how much they need to invest.

Then a handful of clubs with ambitions but hamstrung by the rules set by the others.

I don’t understand fans of those 10 or so mid tables teams, who are blinded by lights of the Premier League and are happy to never compete.

Or those who actively suck up to them, ala Palace.  Its all a bit odd. 

8 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Big money ruined it, but then no more big money allowed.  Close the shop. 

Amazing isn't it. I'm sure more "big" money would only enhance it, and make it an even more attractive & competitive league.

2 minutes ago, Maggies said:

I suppose we don't really know how the fans of those clubs feel, those decisions are on the owners. Can be little more dispiriting than bumping around in mid table hoping for the odd big win, a cup run, maybe a run at the fringes of Europe.

On the other hand, you look at the option, which would be to let other teams through the glass ceiling and reduce those ambitions even further.

Can see it both ways really, but I do feel for the better run teams, say a Brighton, likely always being roughly where they are despite how they are run. It's why the Leicester miracle season was so important, to show that it could be done, to most semi- neutral fans.

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

?

If City do win their case I am not convinced this means we are going to be getting an influx of sponsors but I could be wrong

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

In that case, we need these legal costs to keep spiralling. The PL were leaking stories that the costs were £45m and rising as of yesterday, from a predicted cost of only £8m. That will have to be stumped up for by the rest of the clubs who are subsidising the rule of the cartel. Maybe once it starts hitting them in their bank balances, they might reassess whether their subservience is paying off.

Sick of these cuck clubs stinking up the division in place of traditional clubs full of ambition.

Steve Parrish knows exactly what he's doing.  Crystal Palace are a 2nd tier club all day long, propped up by the advantage of being located in London.

Same with those in proximity to London.  I'm looking at you Brighton and Bournemouth.

Just now, Slim said:

Rule is city are allowed but nufc still not.

Payment of any legal fees is ruled to be covered by the nearest neighbour of the owners of Manchester City.

41 minutes ago, duo said:

If City do win their case I am not convinced this means we are going to be getting an influx of sponsors but I could be wrong

Maybe not an influx, but I do think we are waiting on certain announcements for some key sponsors, such as training kit, maybe training ground for example.

People have said they could have announced these before, even if for lower deals, just to get more revenue in, but why do that, if a few months later, they realise they could announce a much bigger deal, if the APT restriction is changed and/or removed?

So I think either way, good or not as good, we may have some new sponsorships announced soon. It just depends how the City case has gone, and if/how rules change as to which deal(s) the club end up running with.

Edited by TK-421

49 minutes ago, duo said:

No it was just not showing anything, that's what the question mark was for, just showing as a line of numbers for me

Edited by et tu brute