Lewis Miley

Ronson333

The most insane thing is that we have seen quite a bit of him playing now. Then when you see him in an interview it  really strikes you “how the fuck can this kid be that player I’ve seen on the pitch do all that so effortlessly!!”

His decision making along with all the technical ability just makes him a diamond. The composure he shows  both with head and feet is astonishing really. Almost never makes the wrong decision. He evaluates what to do so well and quickly. 

Seems to be growing in confidence every game. Great first touch and awareness and finds space in the box. He glides across the pitch, no laboured running from him.

Remember in the summer (USA tour?) Longstaff did an interview with The Athletic and said he was more concerned about losing his place to 17 year old Miley than Tonali. 

46 minutes ago, buzza said:

Must admit, I was very doubtfull about his previous games but really liked what I saw today

Why is that? 

Genuine question. I don't think he's put a foot wrong, slotted in seamlessly, never looked out of place at elite level. 

33 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Dan Burn said in interview that Miley's so nice it makes him hate him. 

With BDB part of the leadership committee I guess there's only one winner there and Miley's getting shown the door in January. A bit of a shame but think about that sweet, sweet FFP. :fwap:

Anyone else think it was a bit harsh dropping him soon as Langstaff was fit? 

It's not like he had just covered 1 game and done OK then got dropped, he'd played a few and played well each time. 

He took his chance with both hands. 

5 minutes ago, Wilson said:

It's not like he had just covered 1 game and done OK then got dropped, he'd played a few and played well each time. 

It was probably more around thinking he would play on Tuesday! Now looks like he'll do both anyway!

5 minutes ago, Wilson said:

He probably needs a bit of a rest, lot of top level football for a 17 year old

His football intelligence, his composure, the body position he takes when he accepts the ball, his ability to see a pass are all years beyond his age.

Going to be really interesting to see his development in the next 2 or 3 years.

22 minutes ago, Wilson said:

He'd played 6 games in 19 days. Think it was just abit rotation and trying to look after him

Shame it only lasted 35 mins like

37 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/burn-and-miley-on-fulham-win/

Burn looking on like a proud father during that interview while Miley is talking :lol: :aww:

“Lewis when you scored was it everything you hoped it would be?”

really wish Miley just said ‘nar’ and left it at that for asking such an obviously stupid question. 

31 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I know what you mean, he'd be in my first choice midfield right now, but I'm also happy to see him get rotated as he's only a young lad.

36 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Don't think he was "dropped" as such. With players of that age most managers like to dip them in and out.

Great to see him slot in so well as a sub when he won't have been expecting to get on til the second half tbf.

Difficult to remember he's still only 17 given the way he's slotted straight into the team and squad. He's been the unexpected bonus of the injury crisis and imo he's already leapfrogged Anderson and maybe even Longstaff too. Already looks a proper player and it's scary to think where he'll be as a player in 4 or 5 years time. 

It's right that his minutes are managed, his individual development needs to be increased and it's right that he gets breaks so he can absorb what's happening mentally and physically. He's already mint and going to get even better

12 minutes ago, midds said:

Difficult to remember he's still only 17 given the way he's slotted straight into the team and squad. He's been the unexpected bonus of the injury crisis and imo he's already leapfrogged Anderson and maybe even Longstaff too. Already looks a proper player and it's scary to think where he'll be as a player in 4 or 5 years time. 

It's right that his minutes are managed, his individual development needs to be increased and it's right that he gets breaks so he can absorb what's happening mentally and physically. He's already mint and going to get even better

His face in the line ups for CL games made me think he’s thinking “I’m here to do a job and I couldn’t give a shit”. As you say so much thrown at him and his been as solid as my shits.