Lewis Miley

Ronson333

1 hour ago, La Parka said:

Does he remind anyone else of a Geordie viera?

Not at the moment - would love to see him drive forward with the ball - however game by game we seem to be seeing something different from him - it’s very very exciting 

We could be a tiny bit carried away, I was only saying yesterday in the Bruno thread, how Bruno literally does all the work in midfield, giving others the freedom to express themselves, basically Bruno makes other players look better, but dont get me wrong, Miley is on an upwards trajectory, he has a coolness and calmness about his game, with players like Bruno to learn from he can only keep adding more to his game.

34 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

We could be a tiny bit carried away, I was only saying yesterday in the Bruno thread, how Bruno literally does all the work in midfield, giving others the freedom to express themselves, basically Bruno makes other players look better, but dont get me wrong, Miley is on an upwards trajectory, he has a coolness and calmness about his game, with players like Bruno to learn from he can only keep adding more to his game.

33 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Says a lot when Bruno was absolutely over the moon for him too. 

Someone in here compared to him Jenas when he first burst on the scene at Forrest, whatever we think of Jenas in his time here it’s not a bad comparison in terms of style.

Think Miley has even more potential though just a shame we didn’t keep hold of Bobby Clark as well, Miley, Clark and Anderson could have been our midfield it was wasn’t for the fat cockney parasite.

Edited by Whitley mag

4 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

I think we’ll get Chris Rigg soon too. His family and youngsters from around the world must be looking at Miley and thinking I want a bit of that. 

Probably sooner than expected if Beale comes in and starts being an arse.

6 minutes ago, Holloway said:

It's his ability to find half a metre around him when on and around the ball that stands out for me. Thrilled to see him do so well 

Superstar in the making - someone else said it in here but the game rly seems to slow down for him. Can't say I've ever seen composure like that in a 17 year old

The Anderson - Miley comparisons are a bit lazy like. Miley is clearly a midfielder, whether he plays in a box to box role, or higher up the pitch is to be seen. His ability to receive the ball and release it is second only to Bruno really. Anderson is a wide player who hasn’t shown much in midfield. He’ll ever play in an advanced wide role or as a left winger. His game doesn’t look very versatile but he has excellent close control with the ball and fantastic movement. I’d expect them both to be a success in all honesty. Miley has more to his game and a much higher ceiling but I think people underrate Anderson’s ability 

8 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Anderson will be just fine, why compare them. Someone like Miley coming through that young is a real outlier doesn’t mean that Anderson isn’t any good. He’s clearly got a lot of quality.

Not sure why there's a need to compare them either, especially harsh when Anderson has been injured during what should have been his break through season.

The confidence on the lad. Had the stones to look to force the issue and even try back heels and flicks. All in front of an impatient/expectant crowd and at the age of 17. Fucking madness. 

Looked a simple enough finish. But we’ve been anything but clinical of late and he did well not to snatch at it and that set us on our way.

Different players. But he’s already better on the ball than Longstaff. 

13 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

His brother is pretty highly thought of isn’t he just maybe a slightly lower ceiling. He’s been out injured for a few months though. Has a younger bro in the academy too. 

Wasn't there someone here saying the youngest is the best of the lot? 

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

His brother is pretty highly thought of isn’t he just maybe a slightly lower ceiling. He’s been out injured for a few months though. Has a younger bro in the academy too. 

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

Wasn't there someone here saying the youngest is the best of the lot? 

I forget how many there are.  At least 3! 

edit.... is it 3 at Newcastle 1 at Sunderland? 

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

46 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I forget how many there are.  At least 3! 

edit.... is it 3 at Newcastle 1 at Sunderland? 

Yes - 3 with us and 1 at Sunderland.  Think it is the  younger one (Mason) at Newcastle who is meant to be the best of  the 3. He is a box to box midfielder.  The youngest (Layton) is at Sunderland’s Academy and is a defensive midfielder.