Lewis Miley

Ronson333

We are in a great place with him. We can afford to have him stick at home with family, train with our first team and also get minutes with the u21s. He will likely pick up a few minutes with the first team off the bench from time to time too. No rush at all, he only turned 17 a few months ago. Depth in CM looks so solid for us now though. 

4 hours ago, McCormick said:

“Generational talent”, “kid will be world-class” etc. is putting a lot of hype and pressure on a young lad who’s just had some promising run-outs tbh. I hope he’s insulated from all of that as the minute he has a bad game you’ll hear “not ready”, “next Bigirimana”- which isn’t very helpful for him.

I loved his song [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

Not to get to ahead of ourselves, but is his younger brother as promising? 

He is the younger brother. (Unless there's another one!)

8 hours ago, Toonjam88 said:

Him and his brother were at Sunderland academy first then Beardsley contacted their Dad to get them over. They always wanted to be at Newcastle but at the time Sunderland had a far better academy.

Their younger brothers one is in the under 14 academy at Newcastle and the youngest is still at Sunderland.  

^ here it is 

I wouldn’t like to say he’s not as promising. I’d say he’s at a different stage to what Louie is. 

i don’t think L Miley needs to go out on loan. He’s benefited from what he’s done so far and is in amongst enough quality along with enough competitions/games this season to continue progressing. He’s proven he’s more than capable of being included when needed . 

Alex Murphy may benefit more from being out on loan given his position, but personally I’m looking forward in seeing Louie more involved in 1et team football this season. 

6 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

I wouldn’t like to say he’s not as promising. I’d say he’s at a different stage to what Louie is. 

i don’t think L Miley needs to go out on loan. He’s benefited from what he’s done so far and is in amongst enough quality along with enough competitions/games this season to continue progressing. He’s proven he’s more than capable of being included when needed . 

Alex Murphy may benefit more from being out on loan given his position, but personally I’m looking forward in seeing Louie more involved in 1et team football this season. 

I loved Howe clearly shutting talk down in the .co.uk interview post game. I have 100% confidence we will wrap players like this in cotton wool and not let the outside hype get to them. There is no rush and we can hopefully acclimatize him while continuing his development.  

Sending your best youngsters out on loan isn't the cool thing to do anymore. If you believe in your own coaching (and we certainly should do that :snod:), then keeping them around to train and grow with the first team is more important than playing for some random team that might not have anywhere near as good set up.

Miley and Anderson getting game time will be absolutely critical for us when attracting the very best youngsters in the world.

But that aside, Miley in particular is definitely good enough for the 1st team, he looks excellent.