Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

Just now, Leithtoon said:

Right I get it, my point has likely been warped by being in a situation where I was annoyed, and I happened to be on here during that. 

apologies for the rant and appreciate it probably wasn’t in the best spirit of the chat. I’m not too proud to know when I’ve gone a bit far in the wrong direction.

at the end of the day, I just want to be seen as as big a fan as anyone else. 

sorry.

You'll find utter cunts among any fanbase who will think less of you if you weren't born on the steps of St James's Park and delivered by Derek Wright - but I can promise you the vast VAST majority on here aren't like that at all.

2 minutes ago, Leithtoon said:

No I get how that’s coming across and that’s not what I mean, so apologies for that.

it’s not necessarily directed at any individual on here, and generally I feel this forum represents an impressive cross section of our fan base, so I do apologise for the rant.

I was just a bit annoyed about someone having a go about leaving earlier. I appreciate I’m a more unique circumstance than the average fan, but it doesn’t hide the fact that I do feel often when I’m in town before a game that I’m made to feel a “second rate fan” due to simply not having a season ticket. Believe me I tried and would also probably have one could I have afforded it during rougher times.

Ultimately all I’m saying is I don’t want our fanbase to devolve into that as success becomes more prevalent.

apologies to anyone I upset with previous comments.

Chill out ffs, your circumstances are not that unique

Just now, LiquidAK said:

You'll find utter cunts among any fanbase who will think less of you if you weren't born on the steps of St James's Park and delivered by Derek Wright - but I can promise you the vast VAST majority on here aren't like that at all.

Aye, I appreciate that and it’s nice to be amongst a bunch who get that. All I’m saying is that unfortunately that’s probably not 100% the reputation of the fanbase, but it’s probably the same for most clubs. I’m not going to pretend I wasn’t a bit triggered by a few posts earlier on here and that set off a rant that’s in likelihood better aimed elsewhere.

again, can only apologise. Had a few cans and not delighted with the day out I’ve had. Sorry.

1 minute ago, Leithtoon said:

No I get how that’s coming across and that’s not what I mean, so apologies for that.

it’s not necessarily directed at any individual on here, and generally I feel this forum represents an impressive cross section of our fan base, so I do apologise for the rant.

I was just a bit annoyed about someone having a go about leaving earlier. I appreciate I’m a more unique circumstance than the average fan, but it doesn’t hide the fact that I do feel often when I’m in town before a game that I’m made to feel a “second rate fan” due to simply not having a season ticket. Believe me I tried and would also probably have one could I have afforded it during rougher times.

Ultimately all I’m saying is I don’t want our fanbase to devolve into that as success becomes more prevalent.

You're a different case given the distance but it still seems a bit odd not to see out the commitment just for the sake of half an hour. 

As someone who remarked upon the leavers at FT, I just felt the players deserved better than the inevitable exodus, just because we were going to lose. It's been an incredible year or more so I found it so grimly predictable that some folks would say "fuck this" and leave at the first sign of trouble. Just felt like the usual annoying story of that small percentage at SJP being incapable of seeing the bigger picture. Then again I wasn't there myself so that might invalidate my position. 

Anyone indicating that you're a second rate fan because you're not a ST holder/not a Geordie is a lunatic, but it just seems so unlikely that many would actually demonstrate that view. How does that interaction even come about?

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Chill out ffs, your circumstances are not that unique

I never said they weren’t, but I assume the statistical majority of fans don’t have to spend £40+ on a weekly basis when it comes to just getting to SJP.

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Mad reactions in here tonight ha

Yep, the usual suspects with very short memories.

Complaining about the lack of investment in January is the best mind. [emoji38] it's as if some have been missing for the last 15 years.

5 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I wasn’t delivered by him, but I’m sure he came charging into the maternity ward ready to clean my face with a wet sponge immediately after I was born 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

You're a different case given the distance but it still seems a bit odd not to see out the commitment just for the sake of half an hour. 

As someone who remarked upon the leavers at FT, I just felt the players deserved better than the inevitable exodus, just because we were going to lose. It's been an incredible year or more so I found it so grimly predictable that some folks would say "fuck this" and leave at the first sign of trouble. Just felt like the usual annoying story of that small percentage at SJP being incapable of seeing the bigger picture. Then again I wasn't there myself so that might invalidate my position. 

Anyone indicating that you're a second rate fan because you're not a ST holder/not a Geordie is a lunatic, but it just seems so unlikely that many would actually demonstrate that view. How does that interaction even come about?

No when you put it like that, it’s probably fair. All I can say is I have a young family who both support my obsession with this club and put up with what that means, and it often means me being gone all day on one of our two shared off days a week. Again, like I said, was frustrated at the time and it’s not typical of me, so apologies again tor the rant.

1 minute ago, Leithtoon said:

No when you put it like that, it’s probably fair. All I can say is I have a young family who both support my obsession with this club and put up with what that means, and it often means me being gone all day on one of our two shared off days a week. Again, like I said, was frustrated at the time and it’s not typical of me, so apologies again tor the rant.

Don’t worry about it mate - it was the lack of context that was startling as much as anything else.  It can be hard, but I’d advise an ‘ignore wankers’ rule - and that’s all they are. 

17 minutes ago, Leithtoon said:

Mate, I got grief for blocking someone's view of the match while protesting to get rid of Mike Ashley. I've known people who were started on and spat at for the same thing. If you've been going to SJP for years and have only just come to the realisation that some of our fans are absolute cunts, you can consider yourself lucky.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

Which board is more middle class, here or Toontastic doctors ?

I’ve just had an avacado as part of my breakfast, but I did have it with a cup of tea and scratched my knackers several times while the kettle boiled which made sure I stayed true to my working class roots

Just now, Leithtoon said:

No need to apologise like; you don't have to justify yourself and I should remind myself that nor should anyone, tbf. Just seeing people piling out is such a trigger for me, particularly when I simply can't/won't get over the whole thing about fans refusing to resist Ashley's NUFC. 

Safe journey back. :thup:

5 minutes ago, Leithtoon said:

Thanks. I don’t think I’ve articulated my points very well, so again I can only apologise for that. But yeah, ultimately, this is it, I think I’ve just had the misfortune of being around our dickish fans and it’s set me off a bit, but ultimately not reflective of the wider fanbase.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ve just had an avacado as part of my breakfast, but I did have it with a cup of tea and scratched my knackers several times while the kettle boiled which made sure I stayed true to my working class roots

I love avocados, have you not seen my recipe on the cuisine thread ?