Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

1 minute ago, AJ9 said:

Ach away you go man

Ach you know what, go fuck yourselves.

The attitude of fans since we made a final has been a disgrace.

i (through random circumstances) ended up with a spare ticket for the semi. I asked on Twitter if anyone wanted to simply swap it for a game I couldn’t get, plus I would make up the price difference. I got hammered with abuse for being a tout despite that making no sense. 

all i am saying is too many of you take it for granted and can be real shitheads towards those of us that are forced into putting in a lot of effort.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Who exactly is this aimed at? Who's made you feel unwelcome in Newcastle? 

You know, maybe not the right thread, right enough, but I’m on a train surrounded by it and it’s put me in a right foul mood. I’ve supported the club before some of you were even born and the way I feel spoken about because I’m not a born and bred Geordie online makes me feel like I can’t be part of this anymore.

1 minute ago, Leithtoon said:

Ach you know what, go fuck yourselves.

The attitude of fans since we made a final has been a disgrace.

i (through random circumstances) ended up with a spare ticket for the semi. I asked on Twitter if anyone wanted to simply swap it for a game I couldn’t get, plus I would make up the price difference. I got hammered with abuse for being a tout despite that making no sense. 

all i am saying is too many of you take it for granted and can be real shitheads towards those of us that are forced into putting in a lot of effort.

Whoa, treat others how you expect to be treated yourself I always say, haven't seen anyone on here giving you a hammering though. Take a chill pill dude, calm yourself down [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, Leithtoon said:

Hi, I’ve made an account purely because I think this needs to be said.

I am originally from as backwood as you can get in Scotland. However, in 1994 my dad’s sister marries a Georgie and he bought me a kit as a 5 year old and that was that.

Newcastle results have defined my weekend mood for nearly three decades now. I tried to get a season ticket this season but joined 3000th out of a 40000th queue. So now I pay the cost of a ticket every game Individually, plus the cost of transport (and if midweek, a hotel too). I’ve missed 3 games this season at St James, at a cost of well into the thousands already. I also left early today. I had a chance to get a train back to my family half an hour earlier, and given the score and performance, I took it. What I wanted to say is this week I have seen the worst in you lot, complaining about who got tickets for the final and who didn’t, as if it doesn’t come down to luck or simply being able to afford it during a tough time. The performance over tickets from some fans (I can’t go, I have my brother in laws wedding the same weekend) has made me feel so so unwelcome in town as a non local fan, to the point that I feel like I may not come back beyond this season, despite the fact that as a supporter, I probably put in more than effort to be so than the bulk of you.

Fair play to you mate, and I don’t think any kind of criticism should be directed to someone like yourself who makes such effort from such a distance.

Out of interest, how did you rate today’s backing for the team? And how would rate it generally this season?

With regards to the fans complaining on cup final ticket allocations, I would have to disagree with you on that as I think the majority have agreed with the club’s policy on ticket distribution. You are always going to get a few who whinge about it when they miss out.

Just now, Leithtoon said:

You know, maybe not the right thread, right enough, but I’m on a train surrounded by it and it’s put me in a right foul mood. I’ve supported the club before some of you were even born and the way I feel spoken about because I’m not a born and bred Geordie online makes me feel like I can’t be part of this anymore.

I don't think you're helping yourself in your overall argument by giving it the "I'm a much better fan than everyone who lives locally". 

16 minutes ago, Leithtoon said:

I am originally from as backwood as you can get in Scotland. However, in 1994 my dad’s sister marries a Georgie and he bought me a kit as a 5 year old and that was that.

Newcastle results have defined my weekend mood for nearly three decades now. I tried to get a season ticket this season but joined 3000th out of a 40000th queue. So now I pay the cost of a ticket every game Individually, plus the cost of transport (and if midweek, a hotel too). I’ve missed 3 games this season at St James, at a cost of well into the thousands already. I also left early today. I had a chance to get a train back to my family half an hour earlier, and given the score and performance, I took it. What I wanted to say is this week I have seen the worst in you lot, complaining about who got tickets for the final and who didn’t, as if it doesn’t come down to luck or simply being able to afford it during a tough time. The performance over tickets from some fans (I can’t go, I have my brother in laws wedding the same weekend) has made me feel so so unwelcome in town as a non local fan, to the point that I feel like I may not come back beyond this season, despite the fact that as a supporter, I probably put in more than effort to be so than the bulk of you.

Not sure who this is aimed at like, bit weird

14 minutes ago, Leithtoon said:

I think you need to shout all of this out loud at Central Station.  Preferably drunk and slurring.  That’ll show the bassers. 

1 minute ago, Leithtoon said:

This forum is full of non-Geordie supporters, I'm one of them. We also have a fantastic contingent of supporters from beyond these shores entirely. I've never once been made to feel unwelcome, it's why I've been posting here over half my life. Sorry but no idea where this is coming from.

15 minutes ago, Leithtoon said:

You wouldnt be making a wild generalisation about a canny number of people based on likely a few specific interactions, would you? Oh you are.

Are you literally responding to a conversation you're having in real life by posting on here? :laugh:

Anyone aggravating another person for the crime of getting a ticket is obviously an idiot. The people on your carriage probably aren't a reflection of the majority of fans...

14 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Actually quite proud of the team tonight. Other than 3 poor moments from us in the game, I thought we were really good. Looked plenty dangerous. Maxi was great. Big Jo was really good. Almiron put in a massive shift. Isak and Maxi seem to have a bit of rapport. Can’t fault the players effort at all.

Pope had a moment of madness but it seems really fucking harsh to miss the final / 3 games for a momentary brain fart. Surely missing 70 mins of a crucial game is enough punishment?

Anyway, on to the final. Win as a team. Lose as a team. It’ll be a fucking glorious day either way!

I agree with this, maybe slightly differ on Pope, clearly an instinctive move after his messed up but stops an almost certain goal I suppose if that was a against us we’d be calling for heads. That being said gutted on a number of levels that Pope is missing the final.. hope this doesn’t effect him long term as things like this can get in your head for sure…

2 minutes ago, Leithtoon said:

You are gonna have to give more detail here mind. What are people on your train saying like?

Just now, Pilko said:

I don't think you're helping yourself in your overall argument by giving it the "I'm a much better fan than everyone who lives locally". 

No I get how that’s coming across and that’s not what I mean, so apologies for that.

it’s not necessarily directed at any individual on here, and generally I feel this forum represents an impressive cross section of our fan base, so I do apologise for the rant.

I was just a bit annoyed about someone having a go about leaving earlier. I appreciate I’m a more unique circumstance than the average fan, but it doesn’t hide the fact that I do feel often when I’m in town before a game that I’m made to feel a “second rate fan” due to simply not having a season ticket. Believe me I tried and would also probably have one could I have afforded it during rougher times.

Ultimately all I’m saying is I don’t want our fanbase to devolve into that as success becomes more prevalent.

apologies to anyone I upset with previous comments.

6 minutes ago, Leithtoon said:

You’re in a right fluffery buffery.

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

This forum is full of non-Geordie supporters, I'm one of them. We also have a fantastic contingent of supporters from beyond these shores entirely. I've never once been made to feel unwelcome, it's why I've been posting here over half my life. Sorry but no idea where this is coming from.

#MeToo

Seriously though, they're a right bunch of cunts on here, I left once (a loooooong time ago) and joined another forum (Toontastic)... then I decided they were a bunch of cunts as well, so I came back here. At least these cunts are my cunts  :pow:

Right I get it, my point has likely been warped by being in a situation where I was annoyed, and I happened to be on here during that. 

apologies for the rant and appreciate it probably wasn’t in the best spirit of the chat. I’m not too proud to know when I’ve gone a bit far in the wrong direction.

at the end of the day, I just want to be seen as as big a fan as anyone else. 

sorry.

No I get how that’s coming across and that’s not what I mean, so apologies for that.

it’s not necessarily directed at any individual on here, and generally I feel this forum represents an impressive cross section of our fan base, so I do apologise for the rant.

I was just a bit annoyed about someone having a go about leaving earlier. I appreciate I’m a more unique circumstance than the average fan, but it doesn’t hide the fact that I do feel often when I’m in town before a game that I’m made to feel a “second rate fan” due to simply not having a season ticket. Believe me I tried and would also probably have one could I have afforded it during rougher times.

Ultimately all I’m saying is I don’t want our fanbase to devolve into that as success becomes more prevalent.

apologies to anyone I upset with previous comments.

Kinda weird to make an account as an NUFC fan on an NUFC forum to shit on NUFC fans like.

Nobodys a better fan than anyone else, wether they live in Newcastle or the Outer Hebrides imo.

You've had a bad experience on Twitter for trying to swap tickets, just fyi Twitter is populated with the likes of Burnsie so don't take too much of that to heart.