Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

Well that was fucking annoying.

Seeing fans of other clubs talking about us as if weve been a well established top 6 team for years is making me happy though. They dont look at any of the other the potential underlying reasons for why our form has dipped, they just now assume we should win.

Hope the players can just erase this one from the memory as they didnt play badly at all, and put everything into the final! Come on!

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, JUICE690 said:

We had more shots, 14 > 13. What a different game that could (should) have been.

We need someone that can finish chances. Almirons freakish out of the blue scoring run hid the fact we are not very good in front of goal. 

Just now, Adam said:

All the whoppers leaving before full time can fuck off and never come back. What's the point of coming if you won't stay till the end to support the team?

Arseholes. The team owes them absolutely fuck all.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Sister in law who is born a bred in Doncaster, and claims to be a Liverpool, probably couldn’t find Anfield on a map if she googled it, closest she’s ever been to Liverpool is a day out in Manchester, and couldn’t tell you who/when they next play was very quick to send me a picture of the score line as the final whistle was being blown laughing at me.

Fucking hate people like that.

Send her a picture of the table.

Just now, Adam said:

All the whoppers leaving before full time can fuck off and never come back. What's the point of coming if you won't stay till the end to support the team?

Almost as annoying as the thousands who go for drinks/food/piss 5 minutes before half time 

Whilst really disappointed with two poor pieces of defending (good play from

them, as well) and a moment of madness from Pope. I’m somehow happier with that than the last two games. Thought we played really well and showed some fight and plenty of heart. 

Just an absolute shitter about Pope missing the final. 

5 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Good teams become very good by handling diversity like this. That half was a disaster but we responded very well indeed, and that"s what I'm taking into the final

Aye, they danced around us in the first 20mins, especially TAA, here 3rd on the left

5e8887b2406bc_image_name.jpg

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

it’s because the stadium is heavy on spectators and light on actual supporters. The backing for the team was atrocious right from the kick off and after the sending off the team needed the crowd to raise their game. What they got instead was a wall of silence.

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

Aye agreed - I’m glad we stayed with the team today though, had we done so against West Ham we might’ve give them a bit of a push to win it. 

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Just read he baptises people in his swimming pool n'all

Aye, Brazil is bang into the same sort of evangelical stuff that is big in the US hence the state of the gaff. That and Brazilian with German heritage is red flag (with certain symbols on) central.

Rewatching that first goal. It’s Schar’s fault as much as Trippier’s. Rafa is right that his body position was bad and he was so slow to react. You have to be watching for Nunez in behind.

Edited by Smal

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just hate that Liverpool have somehow gotten away from here with 3 points whilst largely doing nothing and we lose our world class keeper to a momentary mistake. 

They took their chances it is as simple as that

1 minute ago, Smal said:

Rewatching that first goal. It’s Schar’s fault as much as Trippier’s. Rafa is right that his body position was bad and he was so slow to react. You have to be watching for Nunez in behind.

I said it at the time, Schar is caught ball-watching.  Trippier dropped the ball twice with his poor positioning though.  It’s Trippier’s loss of form which concerns me more than any other player - hope to Christ he’s back to even half the player he’s been for us for the final

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, Smal said:

Trippier played him on which wasn’t good enough.

Turd, it's been coming since Christmas tbh. We certainly showed a bit of spirit, but we've lost all similarity to how we were playing before the World Cup. I really hope we're not being filmed currently for an Amazon series, I guess that could explain at least in part why we've dropped off though (Murphy's law being what it is). I don't want to hear any wanks slating people complaining either, yes we have got a way to go and it's amazing that we're where we are in comparison to previous seasons, well done on pointing that obviousness out. But, we clearly did well for the first half of the season to get us in the position we're in and that's carried us somewhat, we've been shite for a while now, no impetus, no pressing, no operating as much as a unit as we had previously. I think we're probably tired, but I also think it's fair that people feel disappointed in dropping points to teams further down the league who've been shit themselves. We've been treated to a taste of what we can play like when we're driven, and maybe we just haven't got enough players of a high enough calibre throughout the squad to help us last longer in the campaign (should we make European spots that'll only be harder next term!). There's just a nagging fear that we're reverting to type, in ability and luck - I mean, I hope we're not... but the contrast between the confidence the team played with during the first half of the season, compared to the anxious struggling we have now is massive for me.

Massive lack of communication and a bit of indecision for both goals between Trippier and Schar, I thought.

They’ve been superb this season. Just happens that a couple of split second mistakes tonight. Have meant they’ve got in off decent passes, first touches and then finished well to punish our errors.

9 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Turd, it's been coming since Christmas tbh. We certainly showed a bit of spirit, but we've lost all similarity to how we were playing before the World Cup. I really hope we're not being filmed currently for an Amazon series, I guess that could explain at least in part why we've dropped off though (Murphy's law being what it is). I don't want to hear any wanks slating people complaining either, yes we have got a way to go and it's amazing that we're where we are in comparison to previous seasons, well done on pointing that obviousness out. But, we clearly did well for the first half of the season to get us in the position we're in and that's carried us somewhat, we've been shite for a while now, no impetus, no pressing, no operating as much as a unit as we had previously. I think we're probably tired, but I also think it's fair that people feel disappointed in dropping points to teams further down the league who've been shit themselves. We've been treated to a taste of what we can play like when we're driven, and maybe we just haven't got enough players of a high enough calibre throughout the squad to help us last longer in the campaign (should we make European spots that'll only be harder next term!). There's just a nagging fear that we're reverting to type, in ability and luck - I mean, I hope we're not... but the contrast between the confidence the team played with during the first half of the season, compared to the anxious struggling we have now is massive for me.

You must have been watching a different game to me.

Edited by The Prophet