Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

Bedwetters about the final can fuck off too, this ended up being a decent preparation in the end and Karius will have nothing to do in the final. Getting Bruno back will change us and ASM is hitting form at the right time. Man United are decent but there’s absolutely no reason why we can’t beat them in one game on a neutral ground.

Edited by Pata

Just now, Disco said:

I’m a miserable and cynical cunt in fairness. And I’ve no time for Liverpool at the best of times so it might be a bit one eyed but fuck em.

I was too busy crying to be angry :lol:. When they showed his wife and kids, man. Poor sods.

Very on brand of them to sing during the Atsu remembrance.

Disappointing result and Pope missing next week is gutting.

Thought it was the best we've played in weeks, we were just undone by ten minute of total madness. Lots of positives take, I'm just hoping we find out shooting boots next week.

Looked good after the sending off tbh. Frustrating result after a good performance (bar Tripps and Pope).
Feel sorry for Anderson - thrown in at the deep end and hooked early. Still can't understand Pope's decision for the red - blatant reflex to try and stop the ball with his hands after missing a header (at grass level ffs :lol:). 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Again they sang it as part of the tribute, absolutely nothing wrong with it imo 

Just screams of look at us, look at us. No fucking need to make a minutes silence all about them.

Six points ahead of Liverpool and in a final next week. I'll take that! Still the league's best defence by absolutely miles.

The positivity out of the way, we made some basic errors today and got punished for them big time. Gaping holes in our defence.  

The Pope one was a carbon copy of the Salah goal against Man City earlier in the season. BIg hoof to Salah is their Plan B and we should have been better prepared for it.

From the way that felt, maybe one of yous has done a Faustian pact with the devil and we'll lift the cup next week in reward for sacking this one off. If looked like voodoo or at least old NUFC was at work for it to fall apart so spectacularly. 

Just now, Pata said:

Just screams of look at us, look at us. No fucking need to make a minutes silence all about them.

It wasn’t a minutes silence it was a minutes applause, they did the same for Ronaldo last year when he lost his baby.

1 minute ago, CFlan said:

“Oh you’re mourning? Well, Worldwide TV audience watch us mourn even better than this lot”

There was a bit of that about it, even if they felt they were showing respect. It's not what I wanted to hear at that point.

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

ASM playing like that, Isak playing well and Bruno back next week. Those 3 playing well and we can give anybody a game regardless who we'll have in nets. 

Yeah, if anything I feel more positive than I did after the Bournemouth game, despite the loss of Pope. Isak and Maxi played well, and that ought to be two selections sorted.

I was pleased that the players didn't hold back throughout the 90 minutes. The mindset looks good.

Sister in law who is born a bred in Doncaster, and claims to be a Liverpool, probably couldn’t find Anfield on a map if she googled it, closest she’s ever been to Liverpool is a day out in Manchester, and couldn’t tell you who/when they next play was very quick to send me a picture of the score line as the final whistle was being blown laughing at me.

Fucking hate people like that.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Very on brand of them to sing during the Atsu remembrance.

Disappointing result and Pope missing next week is gutting.

Thought it was the best we've played in weeks, we were just undone by ten minute of total madness. Lots of positives take, I'm just hoping we find out shooting boots next week.

Did they? Is that why there was applause instead?

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Can you imagine being the physio who told him he would have to miss the final?  No-one that hard exists.

He’ll play next week, even if he has to replace his own hamstring with his bare hands

Haha now this I can imagine!