Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

we were stood behind Bez and his son. both were really canny and were absolutley loving it. joining in with all the songs and going mental after each goal.

decent rendition of "oh jonny jonny, jonny beresford" before half time.

Just now, RobsonsWonderland said:

Before anyone complains about the march atmposphere... I hope you were not one of the thousands who left early before half time or the end of the game.

It's a 3pm kick off surely there is no last bus to catch! 

I left on the hour mark as I had John Lewis delivering a new soundbar. 

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Before anyone complains about the march atmposphere... I hope you were not one of the thousands who left early before half time or the end of the game.

Go North East are on strike so there are no buses to catch.

The cup win against Man City probably deserves a mention in here. The roars which greeted our tackles were like we'd scored a goal, and Isak's pumping the crowd after winning his press on the touchline nearly took the roof off.

5 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I left on 86 minutes because my ankles are fucked at the minute and wanted to beat the crowds. 

Belted out 'Cock of the North', 'Terry Hibbitt' and 'Bertie Mee' during the game though so did my bit for the atmosphere :cool:

Said it in the match thread but the unofficial standing section in Strawberry Corner have all had letters from the club telling them to sit down.

Was flat as fuck in there when normally it’s loud all game 

Edited by bobbydazzla

30 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Said it in the match thread but the unofficial standing section in Strawberry Corner have all had letters from the club telling them to sit down.

Was flat as fuck in there when normally it’s loud all game 

What in the safe standing??

4 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

What in the safe standing??

No, the front section of the Gallowgate next door to safe standing

Everyone stands up there and has done for ages, so it’s an unofficial standing section

But letters arrived this week saying sit down, or else 

Edited by bobbydazzla

56 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

No, the front section of the Gallowgate next door to safe standing

Everyone stands up there and has done for ages, so it’s an unofficial standing section

But letters arrived this week saying sit down, or else 

Embarassing from club, hope more stand, it's a game of football not fucking tennis. 

Am not sure where the best place to say it but something has to be done about the ticketing system to get into the ground.  It is becoming dangerous, now. Fights were about to kick off today due to the lack of any sort of organisation from the club.  The digital apps are causing delays - I saw multiple people trying to get it to scan and it not working.  Which in turn is causing huge queues of people trying to get in.  But the stewards did nothing to organise these queues so you had in some case two lines trying to get into one turnstile.  And tensions were getting raised as a result.  People need to complain to the club as there needs to be some organisation.  

Leazes Level 2 - a stone’s throw away from where I used to be. NE Corner wasn’t anywhere what it used to be. Sitting on back rows is now pretty standard other than the ST holders. The odd ‘Eddie Howe’ chant was sung and snaked around to the Leazes.

Bumped into few lads I used to stand next to and they asked why I wasn’t there anymore and they ask how come the others now sit down on their phones. 

Mint ??

Leazes was awful. Burnley very audible. And a group of 50 kids were very loud. I’d love to know how they all got in sat together - because I sure as hell can’t manage it with 2.

Request a paper ticket - they confirmed to someone I know that this can be done for anyone who cannot use or is struggling to use digital tickets. 

The switch is totally unnecessary and completely irresponsible towards fans who don’t use or have access to digital.

They need to reverse it. 

1 minute ago, timnufc22 said:

Request a paper ticket - they confirmed to someone I know that this can be done for anyone who cannot use or is struggling to use digital tickets. 

The switch is totally unnecessary and completely irresponsible towards fans who don’t use or have access to digital.

They need to reverse it. 

Aye but but but. Marketing data mate 

7 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Could people doing that Fulwell end chant please stop it please? Not judging, I’m sure that you’re not actually dull homophobes, but let’s recapture your era some other way if that’s okay 

Have been wondering how long it would take for someone to bring this up. Seems mad that it’s still sung.

Was level 7 in the block next to the Burnley fans. Stood all game but full of mutes. Thought today was worst armosphere since Ashley. 

Edited by Danh1