Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

Atmosphere sounded incredible on TV - however hated the ‘enjoy the game’ more than ever.

Nobody needs telling to enjoy the game and once the players are out the tunnel, there is really no need for him to say anything. 

4 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

So far, since the takeover, I've been genuinely pleased for the supporters. Home and away. 

We went to the Spurs game, to say tara to that football legend Cabbageheed, and you could tell things were about to change. Even tho we lost that game and, of course, that fat mess was still in the dugout, the hope was tangibly back. 

Got Villa tickets this season so far and absolutely loved it. Great day out like the old days. 

I've said, tho, I'm not fussed about going to away games, travelling to Europe or even every home game. I sort of feel I've been there, done it, wore the t-shirt, as it were. 

Happy to get the odd game and watch every other on the snide, sat on my sofa, rubbing my big fat hairy cock with one hand whilst holding a beer in the other. Much to her disdain ?

I've also said, on numerous occasions thaf I'm chuffed for this generation of fans that are getting to experience what we all got 20 years, and more, ago. Good luck to them, I say. 

Until Wednesday that was. I'm jealous as fuck. Looks and sounds out of this world. 

Powerful poetic imagery ? 

48 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Powerful poetic imagery ? 

Twas a quote from a Steve Googan gig VHS, back in the day. 

Voice over saying "it's at this time I like to slip into my silk kimono, slap on my favourite Burt Bacharach vynyl, then sit back and rub my big fat hairy cock" 

Best atmosphere I've ever seen and my favourite ever game I've been to. Like I said post game if that's what it's like for a group stage match what's it going to be for a knockout match (assuming we get there). Christ.

And my view for it all. Incroyable.

20231004-193255.jpg

Reading a few comments on social media from fans on their way home from West Ham, saying the away support was terrible today....." 5 minutes of singing after we score, then silence"..... Can't comment as I didn't watch or listen.. There is once again a lot of anger about the "regular" away fans now being prevented from going to games too.

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Reading a few comments on social media from fans on their way home from West Ham, saying the away support was terrible today....." 5 minutes of singing after we score, then silence"..... Can't comment as I didn't watch or listen.. There is once again a lot of anger about the "regular" away fans now being prevented from going to games too.

Tbf it’s absolutely the worst away end in the league for trying to generate any kind of atmosphere.

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

Tbf it’s absolutely the worst away end in the league for trying to generate any kind of atmosphere.

Apparently there were people complaining about standing up too. Sorry, but if I was at an away game and encountered that then they'd be getting to told to jog on.

There needs to be a new loyalty scheme introduced specifically for those who attend away games otherwise every match is going to be hogged by daytrippers.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Apparently there were people complaining about standing up too. Sorry, but if I was at an away game and encountered that then they'd be getting to told to jog on.

There needs to be a new loyalty scheme introduced specifically for those who attend away games otherwise every match is going to be hogged by daytrippers.

Sounds like the Wembley lot are starting to get their hands on away tickets now, it’s up to regulars to educate them about away days, or basically tell them to fuck off.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Really hope that isn’t true about people complaining about standing up.

Someone said that to me they’d be getting well and truly telt to fuck clean off.

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Really hope that isn’t true about people complaining about standing up.

Someone said that to me they’d be getting well and truly telt to fuck clean off.

I could see it coming to a point where there are scuffles. Will only take one "hardcore" bunch, who manage to make it to a certain game, then being lectured to sit down....

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I could see it coming to a point where there are scuffles. Will only take one "hardcore" bunch, who manage to make it to a certain game, then being lectured to sit down....

Aye absolutely, and I’d rather it did turn into that than people conforming. 

I seen people on twitter whinging about people being in their seats at away games the other week. That was a red flag. Just stand where you want. 

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Aye absolutely, and I’d rather it did turn into that than people conforming. 

I seen people on twitter whinging about people being in their seats at away games the other week. That was a red flag. Just stand where you want. 

Have to agree. If nothing else it would properly highlight the problem and bring things to a head.

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Have to agree. If nothing else it would properly highlight the problem and bring things to a head.

Early Sunday ko in London, worst away in the league for atmosphere, completely devoid of anything to shout about on the pitch until after half time.

This isn’t the game to use as any yardstick to bang whatever drum people want to bang.

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

Early Sunday ko in London, worst away in the league for atmosphere, completely devoid of anything to shout about on the pitch until after half time.

This isn’t the game to use as any yardstick to bang whatever drum people want to bang.

That kind of stuff does not affect our *regular* away support. It's the difference between the home NUFC crowd and the away crowd. We don't want our away support to mirror the home support, where the noise is selective, depending on the game and circumstances.

5 minutes ago, Wandy said:

That kind of stuff does not affect our *regular* away support. It's the difference between the home NUFC crowd and the away crowd. We don't want our away support to mirror the home support, where the noise is selective, depending on the game and circumstances.

It does though, to some extent anyway.

We’re not like Ultras who turn up with a big fuck off drum and sing the same songs regardless.

If the performance on the pitch is poor/uninspiring, it gets reflected in the support. Agreed, not to the extent of our home support, but it still does have an effect.

*probably the exception to this is when people have given up on the game itself, but at the same time aren’t overly angry, like you saw in the last 15 mins or so at Brighton.