Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

59 minutes ago, Sima said:

The mass exodus for chicken nuggets and chips when Veltman went down on 38 minutes was mental.

I know it’ll never change but this pisses me off so much. Leaving on 38 and 85 to get a pint or catch an earlier bus/metro. Whats the point of going to a game if you’re happy to miss potentially 15-20 mins of football. I was happy when we scored in ET yesterday thinking of the people who’ve missed that live as they can’t possibly go 90 minutes without some of watered down lager in the ground. 

Overall I felt it was poor yesterday tbh.

Thought the lap of honour was a really poor show from the fans. By the time the players had finished the Gallowgate it felt like there was only a few thousand people there at most.

Personal opinion is that they should send the players and coaches around first so we can recognise their efforts and then do a second wander/amble around with their families as it just looked like a trek around a park on a Sunday morning with your kids at points [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38].

Gallowgate corner before the game was like the PSG pre-game atmosphere.

Was like an away game concourse - my hands bright red from the PSG ultra style drumming beat . :lol: 

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Here’s the problem. 54% want Safe standing but wouldn’t move to allow it to happen :lol:

IMG_7927.jpeg

Not even remotely surprised. Some people I know who have been going all their life are hugely tribalistic about where they sit and wear it like a badge of honour.

I've been all over the shop and and I'm currently in a place I'd leave in a heartbeat.

I voted pro SS willing to move to facilitate.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but sorting out the queues to get in would help facilitate a better atmosphere. Would also get people spending more in the ground as I’m averaging around 15 mins to get in this season. 

7 minutes ago, ramirez said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but sorting out the queues to get in would help facilitate a better atmosphere. Would also get people spending more in the ground as I’m averaging around 15 mins to get in this season. 

Whilst there’s clearly issues with queuing since the switch to digital, if we think back to the PSG game (obviously the best atmosphere of the season by miles) the vast majority turned up early and everyone got in in plenty of time.

I get ‘you shouldn’t have to turn up 45-60 mins before kick off’, but is it’s only an extra pint elsewhere.

*I’m obviously aware everyone has different circumstances and some literally can’t get there early for whatever reason, but the majority can.

If the concourses were more comfortable and the beer was better you’d get loads in before KO.

Thinking somewhere like Spurs where the concourses are massive.

34 minutes ago, ramirez said:

You're attending a football match not taking a shit on a night out. Go earlier. 

😉

1 minute ago, Sima said:

If the concourses were more comfortable and the beer was better you’d get loads in before KO.

That’s a fair point. Probably (very) limited in what they can do in terms of concourse size, but nothing to stop them improving the quality of what’s on offer.

4 minutes ago, Sima said:

1 minute ago, SteV said:

That’s a fair point. Probably (very) limited in what they can do in terms of concourse size, but nothing to stop them improving the quality of what’s on offer.

If they had Jack the Rippers on, a free half with every pint, bit sing a long and a compere that gave some random kid loads of varying liquid items to drink until they barfed it would be rammed

#90s

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

If they had Jack the Rippers on, a free half with every pint, bit sing a long and a compere that gave some random kid loads of varying liquid items to drink until they barfed it would be rammed

#90s

Big money move for Wee Philly?

Posted (edited)

I struggle to understand why it takes so long to get into the ground now, literally scanning a ticket on your phone should take the same amount of time as scanning a season card did, yet for some reason the queues have been way worse this season than they ever were using the old season cards. Last season you could easily turn up at the ground 5 or 10 minutes before kick off and get straight in.

Edited by Geogaddi

4 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I struggle to understand why it takes so long to get into the ground now, literally scanning a ticket on your phone should take the same amount of time as scanning a season card did, yet for some reason the queues have been way worse this season than they ever were using the old season cards. Last season you could easily turn up at the ground 5 or 10 minutes before kick off and get straight in.

Part of the problem is people nit putting their phone the right way round even now. Other part is even then it sometimes doesn't scan first time

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Whilst there’s clearly issues with queuing since the switch to digital, if we think back to the PSG game (obviously the best atmosphere of the season by miles) the vast majority turned up early and everyone got in in plenty of time.

I get ‘you shouldn’t have to turn up 45-60 mins before kick off’, but is it’s only an extra pint elsewhere.

*I’m obviously aware everyone has different circumstances and some literally can’t get there early for whatever reason, but the majority can.

Tbf that was PSG in our first home Champions League match in 20 years. Excitement levels were off the scale. With the best will in the world you aren't going to get people piling in an hour before KO for a run of the mill game v Bournemouth.

1 hour ago, Boo Boy said:

Part of the problem is people nit putting their phone the right way round even now. 

I have noticed this a lot, Its ok saying people need to get to the ground earlier but it would be a lot easier if people just learned to hold a phone the right way, especially when its been going on all season now.

6 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

You're attending a football match not taking a shit on a night out. Go earlier. 

😉

Not that easy for everyone, people who work before the game or have young family in my case. I was in plenty early Saturday as I walked up at about 25 past 2. 

On 15/05/2024 at 07:15, NE27 said:

Not even remotely surprised. Some people I know who have been going all their life are hugely tribalistic about where they sit and wear it like a badge of honour.

I've been all over the shop and and I'm currently in a place I'd leave in a heartbeat.

I voted pro SS willing to move to facilitate.

It's sad how anal fans are about where they sit. Like you i've been all over. 2 seats in Leazes, 2 in leazes corner, level 7 and strawberry corner.

Seat moves would improve atmosohere but so many fans are selfish.