Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

For me the loyalty points should be a weighted system whereby both members and season ticket holders were on the same scheme.

Season Ticket: 5

Away Ticket: 3

Cup Ticket: 2

Friendlies: 1

A season ticket is the largest financial contribution to the club and it includes attending the most matches. Away games the most expensive for the individual and the most time consuming.

Means folk with high loyalty points now maintain their 'status' and aren't 'out of pocket' but also means folk who attend the friendlies and don't have season tickets can ultimately apply for and get to away games. You could even argue that members with more loyalty points should be higher up the queue should they wish to obtain a season ticket too.

All makes absolute sense to me and don't really see any drawbacks other than it not being too dissimilar to the previous set up.

27 minutes ago, huss9 said:

the people that piss me off are the ones that never travel but rake in money selling their away tickets and accumulate loyalty points.

so any cup finals etc, they're at the front of the queue.

I know a few that never go to home games, never had an ST but rarely miss an away game cos its a "better day out".

I doubt they'll be raking in money either, they'll be selling at face value.

11 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

I’ve never heard of anyone paying over the top for an away ticket and once you get past about 130 points it makes no difference having any more. So why would anyone continue to accumulate points beyond that? We’ve been to one cup final in 20 odd years and only needed 25 loyalty points. I doubt that’s why anyone would have done what you’re saying.

I don’t know how much they charge for the buses, so they could make money like that, but could barely give away a ticket for some games in the last 15 years so can’t imagine it’s a major factor.

Did you even need 25 points?

FA cup final and the total will be higher as clubs get less of an allocation than Carabao.

”When” we are in the CL final loyalty point total will be higher still.

Edited by OptimusSlime

1 minute ago, OptimusSlime said:

Did you even need 25 points?

FA cup final and the total will be higher as clubs get less of an allocation than Carabao.

”When” we are in the CL final loyalty point total will be higher still.

First group was 25 points and one home cup game I think. So loyalty points hardly a factor as they based it more on going to the cup games.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’ve been going to games quite regularly for most of my life and I’ve got zero loyalty points. I look forward to having no chance of a ST in the future :lol:

Last season my sister shared a season ticket with one of my best mates, she then paid to go to almost all the individual games she'd miss, has 0 loyalty points.

Think that's a bit shit personally. 

15 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

I’ve never heard of anyone paying over the top for an away ticket and once you get past about 130 points it makes no difference having any more. So why would anyone continue to accumulate points beyond that? We’ve been to one cup final in 20 odd years and only needed 25 loyalty points. I doubt that’s why anyone would have done what you’re saying.

I don’t know how much they charge for the buses, so they could make money like that, but could barely give away a ticket for some games in the last 15 years so can’t imagine it’s a major factor.

there's plenty sell on at a profit and have way more than 150 points.

1 minute ago, GeordieT said:

For want of a better thread to ask this question. Champions League away games, what do we expect the demand to be? Goes without saying they’ll sell out, but at what loyalty threshold?

Totally dependent on who the opposition is and the size of their ground.

*there’s a theory that getting Shakhtar will be the one as they’re playing home games at Hamburg (50k+) and obviously won’t fill that with home fans (although there are huge amounts of Ukrainians displaced in Hamburg at the minute). So we could possibly get a massive allocation. 

Edited by SteV

13 minutes ago, SteV said:

The complaints you would get would be from someone who lets say, went to every game from 2010-2016, amassed ~150 points.

They’ve been going since, but at a much reduced rate (and not selling on or anything). They go from having ~170 points to having <20 points.

They’ll feel pissed off, and claim that the club don’t care about ‘legacy’ supporters. 

Others will say it’s fine, and those that go here and now should be at the top of priority list.

Fair enough, but if you’ve been to 20 aways in 7 years surely you wouldn’t begrudge those who’ve been away more on that time priority over tickets? 

3 minutes ago, madras said:

I know a few that never go to home games, never had an ST but rarely miss an away game cos its a "better day out".

I doubt they'll be raking in money either, they'll be selling at face value.

These are the lads who create an atmosphere, the real worry here is that the away support is diluted with your Wembley brigade, and half the away end will be sat down which would be the point i’d say enough is enough and footballs not for me anymore.

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

there's plenty sell on at a profit and have way more than 150 points.

I know of a lot of example where it’s sold as a package. As an example, Brighton a couple of years ago was £150 for travel and ticket. 

I remember when games were postponed and my mate asked for a refund the answer was no because they still had to pay for the match ticket. 

I also liked the old system where you applied for every away game you were willing to attend. If you missed out, you still got a point, allowing you to build up enough to start actually having a chance at tickets. 

1 minute ago, Vedder said:

I also liked the old system where you applied for every away game you were willing to attend. If you missed out, you still got a point, allowing you to build up enough to start actually having a chance at tickets. 

When was this? 

3 minutes ago, Vedder said:

Fair enough, but if you’ve been to 20 aways in 7 years surely you wouldn’t begrudge those who’ve been away more on that time priority over tickets? 

I think people would. 

They’d feel if they’d been to 170 aways, regardless of when, they should be having dibs over someone who’s been to 25.

Impossible to keep everyone happy though.

Just now, SteV said:

I think people would. 

They’d feel if they’d been to 170 aways, regardless of when, they should be having dibs over someone who’s been to 25.

Impossible to keep everyone happy though.

That's the thing, everyone wants a solution to their personal context/circumstances.

17 minutes ago, SteV said:

Totally dependent on who the opposition is and the size of their ground.

*there’s a theory that getting Shakhtar will be the one as they’re playing home games at Hamburg (50k+) and obviously won’t fill that with home fans (although there are huge amounts of Ukrainians displaced in Hamburg at the minute). So we could possibly get a massive allocation. 

Equally is more than a couple of potential games where direct travel is going to be difficult and therefore expensive. More broadly will be interesting to see whether the likely cost of a couple of European away trips lowers demand for Premier League games between now and Christmas. Not a cheap endeavour.

34 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

These are the lads who create an atmosphere, the real worry here is that the away support is diluted with your Wembley brigade, and half the away end will be sat down which would be the point i’d say enough is enough and footballs not for me anymore.

Exactly, also i do think some of these "just want to he there" rather than supprting the team.

Canny few coked up srone island types near me did'nt back the lads once where we we doing all we could..but again theh just wanna be there to say they are...

35 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

This was fucking OTT aswell, Northumbria Police will be itching to ban them to get their numbers up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKIddPKGKnY&list=RDCMUCnfaXGG3LUFjbdnTmbWXKMw&start_radio=1

There's zero context to that video of them being arrested other than their viewpoint.

You love being the narrative to everything.

Edited by El Prontonise

1 hour ago, El Prontonise said:

There's zero context to that video of them being arrested other than their viewpoint.

You love being the narrative to everything.

Here’s your context, I offer my opinion on what I’ve seen, and it’s what the general consensus was of people who witnessed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etKxaiP4g50&pp=ygURbmV3Y2FzdGxlIGZhbnMgdHY%3D

Edited by Whitley mag