Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

9 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Atmosphere was great but it was strange to see so many empty seats. Especially Milburn stand. 

Were probably stuck outside - not seen it mentioned about the queues outside. Got in eventually but can't be like that each week.  The instructions they sent out turned out to be totally wrong which didn't help.

Edited by duo

Just now, duo said:

Were probably stuck outside - not seen it mentioned about the queues outside. Got in eventually but can't be like that each week.  The instructions they sent out turned out to be total bollocks which didn't help.

I thought maybe so but it was throughout the game. Maybe people gave up, I dunno. 

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

Great atmosphere today in the Strawberry Corner.  Almost like an away day

Where I was in the middle of the Leazes was pretty loud. Maybe just got lucky to have a few singers around me but it was better than I expected. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Where I was in the middle of the Leazes was pretty loud. Maybe just got lucky to have a few singers around me but it was better than I expected. 

In the concourse pre match felt like an amazing buzz of anticipation. Cannot remember the last time I felt that on the first game of the season

41 minutes ago, huss9 said:

missed a trick by not adding some safe standing to one of the other corners as well.

A few thousand standing section in the Leazes or one of its corners to compliment the strawberry corner will sort the atmosphere good and proper. 

Edited by pedro111

41 minutes ago, duo said:

Were probably stuck outside - not seen it mentioned about the queues outside. Got in eventually but can't be like that each week.  The instructions they sent out turned out to be total bollocks which didn't help.

Took me 30-35 mins in the East Stand and I went up at 5pm. Absolutely wank.

33 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I don’t understand how it would be hard to get in? Scanning machines not working or something?

Scanning your phone didn’t automatically open the turnstile/make the bloke open it where I was. Wank.

Got to Strawberry Corner turnstiles just before 5, massive queue, finally got in just as the match kicked off. Shambles.

Noise from the corner was great as usual, haven’t extended the rails to the section I go in but most people still stand anyway.

First game of season, late kick off, massive win, all the right ingredients for making a racket. It’s a shame if other parts of the ground were quiet.

Hearing Style Council Headstart for Happiness at half time had my toes tapping.  

And no DJ Otzi was a highlight of the day for me. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

I got in just after half 4 and it was empty in the corner

Massive queues in the east stand at that time

Gonna take a guess that people piled in really early in the east stand

Then abit later they piled into the corner

Instead of the usual dribs and drabs arriving at different times like usual

9 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

I don’t understand how it would be hard to get in? Scanning machines not working or something?

Nah didn’t get it either. It took about 2 seconds to get through the gate. 

FWIW there was a massive queue for the turnstile on my ticket, but a couple down there was nobody. So I just scanned in at that one and walked along once I was inside. 

I don’t think people realise that your ticket opens other turnstiles and not just the one number. 

Not a solution but a workaround if you know the stadium and how to walk around inside. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo