Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

21 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Hopefully they engage with proper fans and not wankers like Burnsie and John Sinclair.

I think NUST and NUSC have trust issues with their leadership for different reasons. Wor Flags are universally liked but that may be because there isn’t any perceived agenda. 

NUST rely on the fact that they sold lifetime memberships to cite their credentials as a representative fans body but if they’re honest they will know that most of the numbers are just that. 

People have issues with Daz Curry at NUSC but I’d say his finger is in the pulse more with the match going fan than the Tory TF cabal at the trust board. 

in an ideal world all the fans groups would get together and work together for the best interests of all. “In theory communism works” Homer J Simpson 

Yep. Songbook still a bit repetitive and we don’t have many original chants (most clubs don’t these days). But were extremely loud from start to finish. 

Rightly so. If you can’t sing your heart out during a game like that. You never will. 

Hard to coordinate brand new songs with 7k people there though .

I remember when I was  young lad at St. James’ trying to start a chant I’d made up, thinking people would join in :lol: . Response was brutal; odd looks and some old tosser shouting at me to sit down and pack it in. Mortifying. Still cringe thinking about it now.

10 hours ago, jack j said:

Must have got his ticket in the ballot

God forbid I take my bairn off my pals ticket though!!!

Screenshot_20231101_232117_X.jpg

Joke that like.

There's no chance I can get to an away now, because nobody passes on their ticket. I can understand the complaints of those stuck on 0/1/5 points who couldnt get tickets, but this sort of shit is fucking shite. Waste of a ticket, stick the prick in the home end. 

Increased allocation last night improved the atmosphere massively, allowing some of the fans who used to be able to get a ticket for away games the chance to get back. Will unfortunately drop again at the next when it's back to the day trippers. 

3 hours ago, Tross said:

Increased allocation last night improved the atmosphere massively, allowing some of the fans who used to be able to get a ticket for away games the chance to get back. Will unfortunately drop again at the next when it's back to the day trippers. 

How do the day trippers have the points to get tickets ?

3 hours ago, Tross said:

This makes no sense whatsoever. 

7 minutes ago, madras said:

How do the day trippers have the points to get tickets ?

They don’t they buy in resale sites or get directly from the club knowing the tickets won’t be blocked at the gate. 

2 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Would the club be obliged to respond to an FOI request asking how named individuals got tickets for certain games or would data privacy / individual rights supersede this?

It would be like asking an NHS Trust how Billy from down the street only had to wait three weeks for his knee replacement.

Don’t waste your time.

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

It would be like asking an NHS Trust how Billy from down the street only had to wait three weeks for his knee replacement.

Don’t waste your time.

Fair play. Thanks for the reply. 

Spell in the first half when it was quiet, about half an hour in. 

Aside from that I thought it was very good today. The referee being useless definitely helped.

Was in the Platinum Club where everyone was joining in with the Gallowgate. 

6 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Great stuff last night minus that homophobic Sunderland chant and some stupid cunts in the concourse pointing to a black steward and singing Ameobi songs. Let’s be a bit better than that, eh lads?

What homaphobic chant?