"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

Enjoyed that, the team ethos shone through. Felt sorry for Matt Targett, on the back burner but still geeing everyone up in the dressing room.

Was hoping this was gonna be more like the Spurs/ManCity/Arsenal program concept but it’s not too bad. 

Edited by Nowhere Man

13 hours ago, Joey said:

Enjoyed it but I thought the fans were worse than the owners like with the cliched shit

"Geordie Nation"
"If we win, the country will never have seen a response like up north"

Shit like that makes us look ridiculous.

Stop being so worried about what everyone else thinks of newcastle fans and just get on with being a fan. I’m 31 years deep as a Newcastle fan, having grown up in cardiff and adopted the club as a youngster. I’m in Bristol now having lived in London. But I love absolutely love my trips to Newcastle, to matches, and would kill to be from the area with local stories to tell. 

When I come up from down south I’ll happily embrace the Black Garter and any other recommendations locals have for me, and all my mates from back in Bristol and London will hear I’ve had a class time with the passionate Geordie fans. We do us, and the rest of the nation can get to funk!

HTL!

Just now, greydos said:

Stop being so worried about what everyone else thinks of newcastle fans and just get on with being a fan

:thup: will never understand folk being embarrassed on behalf of other folk who they feel are perpetuating some form of misrepresentation somehow. it's absolutely beyond me. 

Found the second episode good as well. Contrary to a few others I find the executive team really endearing too. There seems to be an awesome harmony to the whole setup. Loved it when Staveley snuck up on Eddie - “Eddie, my favorite man ?”. 

Even Yasser seems like he loves it and talks like it as well. 

The Burn segment had me rubbing my eyes for a bit as well. Impossible not to love him. 

It's nice to know that even though the league and other clubs are doing everything within their means to stop us. Even when playing by the rules we got a cup final and top 4 in the first season. 

As said above, they may be able to slow us down but they can't stop this train.

57 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I have absolutely zero objections to it being a shameless PR piece designed to interest potential new fans :lol: properly enjoying it so far

Totally. Loved episode 2 and loved episode 1. It's a TV show that relentlessly says Newcastle United is class. I'm very okay with that after being told (and believing) that the club's a piece of shit for many years.

Staveley is impressive as fuck anyway. If she wants to make love to the camera for a bit she can for me; she got rid of Mike Ashley for us.

Much better episode today, far better balance between the stuff on and off the park. Still a bit cheesy with all of the 'Geordie Nation' stuff for my liking but we come across fairly well imo (apart from the SAUDI MAGS flag in the intro, that's pretty horrible). The personal stuff on Bruno was nice and it's refreshing to see that we're assembling a squad of good players and good characters too. The unity between everyone at the club at all levels seems genuine and it's strong, those squad pics after every win are all legit and it's slowly coming together. 

Also clear to see that things off the park need to improve asap, they've tightened our financial handcuffs but if we get it right off the field we'll definitely get it right on it too, the 2 are obviously linked. Can't wait for the rest of it now 

57 minutes ago, alexf said:

It's nice to know that even though the league and other clubs are doing everything within their means to stop us. Even when playing by the rules we got a cup final and top 4 in the first season. 

As said above, they may be able to slow us down but they can't stop this train.

Given the mentality of the toxic 6, at some point they are going to turn on the one of themselves they see as the weakest, to save their own skin. 

Levy is probably shitting himself they are going to be squeezed out of the top club clique. Going to be interesting times ahead. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Excellent - it’s on everyone’s favourite international free streaming service.  Time to re download utorrent

I've heard uTorrent is basically malware now. Not sure what people use now, I was a uTorrent cat too in my day