Manchester City 2-0 Newcastle United

Disco

Just now, gbandit said:

This is it, any time he gets the ball in the opposing half it comes backwards and the attack breaks down. You can’t get away with it as an option 

Yep. When we we getting clean sheets every week there was a valid reason to keep him in the team, but now Targett has to come in the moment he's ready surely.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

At least the club will make a massive effort to bring goal creating / scoring talent in now

I'd love a nasty shite arse of a striker.

Like Bellamy, Suarez, Costa ... Someone who's an absolute b*stard to play against.

Sometimes that's all it takes to make the ball stick and open up space for ASM, Gordon, Isak etc.

Edited by BlazeT44

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

We already have we spent 100 million on Gordon and Isak 

And now we need to replace Longstaff, and probably Almiron. I just mean if we ended the season like we started it the summer plans might be different 

Biggest problem for me this season has been the commitment to continuity at all costs. We stuck with a system and selection for so long despite the fact it was gradually deteriorating in terms of the attacking creativity and goalscoring. Now the defensive solidity seems to be slipping too and we need to change it up on a downward spiral. You could argue the work in the transfer market has mirrored and exacerbated this.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

ASM would be the better option here, given Gordon isn’t helping back either :lol:

There is no link up on the left, burn won't overlap so there is no dynamicism to get Gordon dropping back. 

Were crying out for Targett who can do this with aplomb and underlap with confidence too.