Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 17/03/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

36 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Is it confirmed that he can't play?

Despite them making the move permanent

Might be injured anyway given he had to come off on Saturday 

20 hours ago, CPL said:

He'd probably score knowing our luck. Always remember Lomana Tresor Lua Lua vs Pompey. Still don't know why we let him play against us. 😒 

Was what brought the rule about iirc.

“Brennan has a groin strain. We do not know how bad it is. He will have a scan,” said Cooper. “It would be (a massive blow to lose him), yes. He has been a really important player for us. We will see how he is. Let’s see if it settles down. Fingers crossed it is not as severe as these things can be.”

The best-case scenario is that Johnson misses only the Newcastle game on Friday. After that, Forest have 14 days without a match due to the international break (during which Johnson will hope to feature for Wales) before facing Wolves at home.

From The Athletic

They were awful against Spurs. Genuinely just gifted Spurs possession. Our midfield can out run theirs twice over.

I really like Gibbs-White. Deal with him and we win IMO.

Was critical of Bruno vs Wolves so I'm expecting a masterclass.

11 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

We could face Colback, Wood and Shelvey. Imagine they would be motivated to do well. Thankfully it takes more than motivation. 

Wood can’t play against us, his loan doesn’t turn into a permanent move until end of the season.

On 13/03/2023 at 06:00, Stottie said:

They're unbeaten in five at home, 2-3-0. Last five away, we're 1-3-1 with the defeat at the Etihad. Form suggests a draw, so we'll have to be on it to get more.

If we do manage it, the payoff is big. It will improve our post-World Cup form to a much more respectable 17 points from 11 games. 1.5 points a game from then on, that is, another 18 points from final 12 matches, would take us to 65 points, which should be a strong shout for fourth given the points everyone else are dropping.

Looking at our season so far, it looks like the most important thing for us is momentum. Rather than being strong home or away, against teams at the bottom, or teams that play a certain way, we're where we are due to playing well for 10 games or so on a roll. We need to get that going again.

The key to this consistency imo is getting a midfielder or two chipping in with some goals. Concerned me it was the usual suspects scoring again on Sunday with Bruno and Botman yet again missing sitters.

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

When I’ve seen them they seem to play a very open game whatever the situation which is always a good thing for us. If Johnson is out that is a massive boost. 

I was saying this exact same thing to a couple of Forrest fans I work with yesterday 

Was talking to a bloke in work about this fixture, when another bloke piped up and told me about our first recorded win against these which was back in 1900. I thought that was a canny colback. 

7 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

We could face Colback, Wood and Shelvey. Imagine they would be motivated to do well. Thankfully it takes more than motivation. 

Colback could watch Rocky 7 times and read the complete works of Tony Robbins, and he’d still be absolutely gash. 

38 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Feels like I say this a lot, but this really is an important game. A win sets up perfectly for the last part of the season. 

That’s the thing with being decent and actually challenging for a meaningful position in the league: every game is a big game. The days of writing off fixtures before a ball is kicked and looking to accrue 40 points are over :indi: