Notts Forest 1-2 Newcastle United (17/03/2023)

Disco

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Howe needs to tell these lads to actually shoot when you have the opportunity.  Constantly trying to walk it in.  The only one who shoots is Longstaff, who ironically is the one who should pass in those positions. 

Spot on - I said a few weeks ago watching forest v Leeds that I was impressed that forest get so many shots off on target, we - well I don’t know what we do to be honest.

Honestly what are assistant referees there for if they don't even have the balls to make an offside call like that thanks to VAR being there to cover their arse? Such a waste of everyone's time letting play continue for that long. 

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

Is this the bedwetting thread

Nope it's the thread where the team we support that's meant to be trying to qualify for the Champions league is losing to a team fighting relegation with a goal we gave them.

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Honestly what are assistant referees there for if they don't even have the balls to make an offside call like that thanks to VAR being there to cover their arse? Such a waste of everyone's time letting play continue for that long. 

They have to let the ‘phase of play’ play out before flagging - effectively, let play continue until the chance is over.  It’s an instruction rather than incompetence (everything else on display is incompetence)