Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 02/04/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

Top 4 is ours if we win.

If we do win I'm pleased the next game is so quick given there's 3 aways against decent teams (I look at West Hams squad and it should be easy mid table to me) so I want to use the momentum.as quick as possible 

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

Gutted I’m not going tomorrow. Won a competition for free tickets to an event in Hull, knew fine well the game would get changed to the Sunday ffs. 

Think we will be bang up for this and can see us winning. 

Awh here, that is poor. NE31 not representing, fewmin.

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Awh here, that is poor. NE31 not representing, fewmin.

A na mate, raging. Missed the Chelsea game as I was in Benidorm, hopefully the same outcome 

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Does anyone seriously think it won't be a tough game though? That said, other than maybe City away, there's very few games I'd shake hands on a point pre-match there days.

At this stage of the season, the teams in the top 3 spots deserve to be there because they've consistently won enough games to be there. I would absolutely be happy with a good performance, no injuries and a draw.

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

At this stage of the season, the teams in the top 3 spots deserve to be there because they've consistently won enough games to be there. I would absolutely be happy with a good performance, no injuries and a draw.

Fair enough. I agree they're where they are on merit, but so are we and we're only three points behind them. There's no reason we can't win this, not that a draw would be a bad result like, I just wouldn't shake on one.

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fair enough. I agree they're where they are on merit, but so are we and we're only three points behind them. There's no reason we can't win this, not that a draw would be a bad result like, I just wouldn't shake on one.

100% we are where we deserve to be and arguably should be higher with a few more points that we couldn't take from Palace and Leeds particularly. Obviously we are capable of winning this game, that's true of any game really. I suppose I am just slightly more conservative and I wouldn't see this as 2 points dropped if we do draw. 

6 hours ago, manorpark said:

We are a better team than Manchester Utd, and we should expect to win.

I expect us to win.

I think they're better than us but they've also got their best player out and we're at home and have a score to settle. We've every chance.

Bookies agree with you fwiw. Honestly can't remember the last time we went into a game against these as favourites. 

I’m totally unsure on this one. Due to how Man U have been this season. Often bang average when I see them. Yet they find a way to grind out a result.

I’m not sure how you can be too confident against a side like that? Especially when have had plenty of games of late where we have been wasteful and it’s ended up costing us points. Hopefully, we turned the corner before the break.   

When Howe came in and before that, when Benitez was manager. The pre-match dread or feeling of apathy was replaced by nervous excitement. As suddenly, I cared again. 

I have been confident in loads of games this season and feel like that buzz and nervousness has gone to some degree. That’s not to say I haven’t enjoyed it. It’s been great fun! 

Have to say, I’m now confident we’ve secured a top half finish - win vs these twats and I’ll start looking at European competition; as in the Conference League.  Top four will only enter my mind if we’re in it after the Spurs game at home on 23rd April.  Once you’re 30+ games in then I’ll start to dream (get nervous) 

6 hours ago, geordiesteve710 said:

I think they're better than us but they've also got their best player out and we're at home and have a score to settle. We've every chance.

Bookies agree with you fwiw. Honestly can't remember the last time we went into a game against these as favourites. 

Yes, I expect us to win.

26 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I can’t think of any other time in Premier league history where Man United would have been 2/1 to win this fixture .

I imagine they would have been longer than that in 95/96. We’d won 13/13 at home before we played them.

Bastards.

I'm hoping for a repeat of last season's Arsenal game. I think we'll tear into them and they won't fancy it. They're a talented bunch but leadership looks a bit lacking at times (eg Liverpool game)

It’s a big test, a top four club at home where it isn’t a free hit and any point is a bonus, but a big opportunity. Man Utd have quality throughout and will behave like the dickheads they are.

The players will need to handle that pressure. Very different from Chelsea at home where expectations were lower