Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 02/04/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

58 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Weirdly we seem to beat these more when we're shit.

Whenever we've been doing relatively well I always remember us getting beat, that 5-2 hammering under Bobby at SJP when we were just about in the title race going into it, they also beat us 2-1 here around that time, obviously the 1-0 I'm 95/96 too, thats what's making me doubt us today even though I think we're just as good as them this season.

Was it not 6-2? If i remember rightly we went ahead in that game too thanks to a Jenas belter!

7 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Was it not 6-2? If i remember rightly we went ahead in that game too thanks to a Jenas belter!

Aye that's the one you're right, think I was getting a mix of that one and 5-3 at their place the year after!

Remember that Jenas goal, absolute beauty and everything felt possible at that moment, was devastated when they started ripping us apart, scored 4 in bloody quick succession, think Shola got the consolation at the end

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

Aye that's the one you're right, think I was getting a mix of that one and 5-3 at their place the year after!

Remember that Jenas goal, absolute beauty and everything felt possible at that moment, was devastated when they started ripping us apart, scored 4 in bloody quick succession, think Shola got the consolation at the end

The 5-3 was the same season; 02/03.  I missed Shearer's thunderbastard FK when I ran to the bogs at Old Trafford as the HT queue was ridiculous - I realised a couple of mins into the second half that I wouldn't be able to last until the end of the game.  Learn from my mistakes, folks.

Nervous for this now. Such a big chance to not only put daylight between ourselves and the chasing pack, but to open up two Champions League spots. A draw wouldn't be a disaster by any means, but a win would be incredible.

1 hour ago, NUFCDoog said:

I was at that 6-2, Dyer had foolishly been talking up his chances of starting more regularly for England in the local press in the buildup then Scholes turned up and showed him why he wasn't first choice in that side. 

2 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

I was at that 6-2, Dyer had foolishly been talking up his chances of starting more regularly for England in the local press in the buildup then Scholes turned up and showed him why he wasn't first choice in that side. 

I might be wrong but I'm sure after that game Scholes had scored more goals at SJP than Dyer had. 

If that's true, our bench could be:

Dubravka

Targett

Manquillo

Lascelles

Gordon

Joelinton

Anderson

Wilson

Ritchie

Got to be our strongest bench in years.

Yes would have liked to see Joe Linton in there fresh and ready to go but we've been winning without him so i understand Eddie's thoughts. Will be a great beast to bring on if we are defending a lead. 

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

If that's true, our bench could be:

Dubravka

Targett

Manquillo

Lascelles

Gordon

Joelinton

Anderson

Wilson

Ritchie

Got to be our strongest bench in years.

And it’s still really poor 😂

I think we overrate other clubs benches to be fair. Just for comparison, Liverpools bench from yesterday (on the right), only Firmino and Nunez of note: 

Screenshot_20230402_140142_LiveScore.jpg

34 minutes ago, STM said:

I think we overrate other clubs benches to be fair. Just for comparison, Liverpools bench from yesterday (on the right), only Firmino and Nunez of note: 

Screenshot_20230402_140142_LiveScore.jpg

They've got more injuries than us though, stick Thiago and Diaz on it looks much stronger.