Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 02/04/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

This may be a bit of an emotional one for the family as we're taking my grandad to this one whose 89 now and doesn't get out too much after my grandma died 18 months ago. He started going to games in 1957 after his service in the army ended but hasn't been since 2006ish.

The first video in the OP is the first game he ever took my dad to, paid 6 shilling to get in and stood on the Gallowgate. Felt fitting that his first game in ages was this fixture. 

7 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

I'd gan

Pope

Tripps

Schar

Botman

Burn

Joe

Bruno

Joe

Murphy

Isak

Anderson

Personally I'd keep Longstaff in and have the Joe/Joe dovetailing thing going on on the left. No complaints if Anderson does come in mind, I think Eddie is itching to give him games and after last night he's starting to look ready.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Man Utd will have a pretty much full squad on international duty won’t they? Could be a big advantage for us.

Casemiro suspended isn't he ?

Edit......Jumped in too early and missed the "international duty" bit didn't I.

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, madras said:

Casemiro suspended isn't he ?

Yeah he’s definitely missing against us, just thinking the majority of their squad will be all over Europe and beyond over the next 2 weeks and we only have Pope, Trippier, Botman and Isak I think ?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah he’s definitely missing against us, just thinking the majority of their squad will be all over Europe and beyond over the next 2 weeks and we only have Pope, Trippier, Botman and Isak I think ?

Aye I edited my post. Too eager man, still hyped off last night.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The international break timing could be good for us.  Rest and also recovery from injury time for Gordon and Almiron. We should be pretty much full strength for April for the first time in a while.  

If Almiron is out for 6 weeks then that takes us to more or less the end of April, sadly.