Newcastle United 6-1 Tottenham Hotspur (23/04/2023)

Disco

Willock had overlapped on the outside so the defender had to try and cover both and thus ended up defending neither.

At the point he gets to Romero he’s in the middle of the box and I think they are terrified of giving a pen away. 

That said using an unfamiliar system against the team that probably the best at playing that system in the league was tactical suicide.

11 hours ago, KaKa said:

Not sure I blame him. Imagine paying that much for him to be a bench player the whole season. Spurs are phenomenally dumb :lol:

Surely he knew he was going to be a bench player though when he signed. He joined a team with the golden boot winner alongside the England captain.

His no goals in the league this season hasn't helped him

Richarlison normally looks livid but he’s actually a top lad off the pitch. Didn’t see any of the issues on the bench at the weekend so can’t really comment on that but he’s had injuries and been mismanaged by Conte all season. With the right manager, he could really work in this Spurs team as him and Kane could be lethal. Shame the rest of their team is abject 

9 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Just honestly can't get enough of this performance. The dominance, the goals, the assists, the misery of Spurs fans. Reminds me of the feeling after the 5-0 win against Man Utd in 96/97.

Still feel slightly cheated we didn't get a 7th though, given our traditions of handing out 7-1 thrashings to Spurs. Especially as we were 5-0 inside 21 mins. :pilko:

23 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Surely he knew he was going to be a bench player though when he signed. He joined a team with the golden boot winner alongside the England captain.

I’m pretty sure he joined to play with Kane, either as the main striker or one of the wide forwards. He’s way too good to be sitting on the bench while Spurs stink up the league. 

21 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Most footballers (professional athletes in general) have irrational confidence bordering on arrogance so likely not. 

21 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Richarlison normally looks livid but he’s actually a top lad off the pitch. Didn’t see any of the issues on the bench at the weekend so can’t really comment on that but he’s had injuries and been mismanaged by Conte all season. With the right manager, he could really work in this Spurs team as him and Kane could be lethal. Shame the rest of their team is abject 

Aye one of the reasons he was very popular at everton was he's apparently a real good egg. Lets not forget he was one of very few in the brazil squad who was publicly anti Bolsonaro. (Don't want to know what Bruno and big Joe think about it all lol for fear of disappointment)

2 minutes ago, Mole said:

Most footballers (professional athletes in general) have irrational confidence bordering on arrogance so likely not. 

Also what makes him such a good striker tbh. He's Brazil's no 1 striker, he has a proven pedigree in the premier as well. It looks like petulance, but he should probably be at a club where he's first choice. Spurs was a poor choice in hindsight.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m pretty sure he joined to play with Kane, either as the main striker or one of the wide forwards. He’s way too good to be sitting on the bench while Spurs stink up the league. 

But Son won the golden boot last year and Kulusevski was brilliant. He can't have thought he would just play every game

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Also what makes him such a good striker tbh. He's Brazil's no 1 striker, he has a proven pedigree in the premier as well. It looks like petulance, but he should probably be at a club where he's first choice. Spurs was a poor choice in hindsight.

It's hardly hindsight though is it?

It's not like Harry Kane has turned up out of nowhere

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Absolutely, like that confidence is what gets these guys to where their at. I haven't watched any games at all so idk the situation but i absolutely think he believed he would get more game time than he seemingly has.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It's hardly hindsight though is it?

It's not like Harry Kane has turned up out of nowhere

I meant hindsight on my part, at the time I wasn't thinking, that's a shit move, he should avoid that one. From his side he obviously thinks he's top man and would become that at Spurs as well.

11 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Aye one of the reasons he was very popular at everton was he's apparently a real good egg. Lets not forget he was one of very few in the brazil squad who was publicly anti Bolsonaro. (Don't want to know what Bruno and big Joe think about it all lol for fear of disappointment)

Bruno's mrs posted a pro Lula or anti Bolsonaro thing on ig.

17 minutes ago, joeyt said:

But Son won the golden boot last year and Kulusevski was brilliant. He can't have thought he would just play every game

Wasn’t Kulu signed after Richarlison? 

My memory is awful like so I may be wrong. 

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He's still only on loan, I think. Was 18 months wasnt it so was signed on loan (last Jan) before Richarlison joined permanently (in Summer)?

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

15 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Nah Kulusevski has been there since last January.

I can't remember Richarlison playing much on the right anyway, so really he would be competing with Kane and Son, which he can't have expected to be the main man

Edited by joeyt

22 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

We did exactly the same to Man United to be fair , we just didn’t score as many goals .

We’ve been threatening to give someone a hiding all season, they’re not the first team we’ve jumped all over at the start of a game. If people think it’s just down to Spurs being a disaster though then that’s to our advantage.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

I'm willing to accept that 'Spurs in disarray' is the bigger story here but if you're spending seven minutes talking about that game, I'd expect at least two references to Willock's disgusting pass. 

I presume you're talking about Tifo here? Absolutely woeful like. "Newcastle pressed well and took their chances" was the entirety of the analysis on us in a 7 minute segment about a 6-1 win in which Newcastle were 5-0 up in 21 minutes. :lol:

Last week they featured us for the first time in months and it was as part of a 3-0 loss, then they feature our match this week and don't mention us at all.

And it's not a woe-is-Newcastle point at all, they and the media in general do this to other teams all the time. Brentford barely got a crumb of praise for botting Man United 4-0 earlier in the season and that's just one example.

Thank fuck they're axing the Tifo Podcast. Fucking shite.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Sons been poor mind, surely he could of getting a game over him this season. 

6 minutes ago, andycap said:

Sons been poor mind, surely he could of getting a game over him this season. 

0 goals in 21 matches. He's hardly snatched at his chance to replace him