Everton vs. Newcastle United: 27/04/23 @ 19:45 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

9 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Very unlike EH to bench "form" players (Isak and Murphy) and also surprised at the Targett inclusion, would have thought a home game instead of a white hot away game would be better but EH knows more than anyone. Let's smash these horrible fuckers into the Championship!

I read the return of target as to not destroy burns confidence.  Drop him after a good game and say it’s resting vs after all the stick he was getting. 

Just now, Cronky said:

Disappointed that Onana is playing. This will be a tough battle.

It's sensible to freshen things up. I'm sure Isak will come on after an hour - Eddie is wary about his fitness.

Yeah, that midfield is really athletic and tenacious, we can't be dawdling on the ball. Hope they're ready for it.

1 hour ago, LV said:

Get an early goal

Kick the front door in and the whole rotten building will come tumbling down 

Things went well for the last bloke to say this :lol:

It does make a lot of sense to rotate when you have three games in a week. Just have to believe the lads coming in will be up to the job, and tbf, all of them were first choices in their respective positions at some point this season.

Hope Targett has a beast of game, for what we are as a team these days I feel he is a better fit there and I felt it was very harsh on him to be out of the side for that long even after returning from injury.

Don't get me wrong, I think Burn is class but he is a defender and his lacklustre contributions in attack as well as lack of confidence in those around him during our attacking phase was evident.

22 minutes ago, Palestoon said:

Ahh... would have liked to see Isak from the start. 

Suprised to see Burn on the bench. Surely this is one of the few matchups he makes sense in as Everton will play long balls all day and look for Free kicks and corners. Could have used his height.

Ah well in Eddie we trust

He's tall of course, but Targett is probably just as good in the air. Burn is a liability when it comes to actually heading a football 

Edit: already been said

Edited by Robbo2

2 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

I wouldn't have left Burn out for this one personally.

Oh well, in Eddie we trust I suppose.

He's been very loyal to Burn, but he's looked increasingly vulnerable. 

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Actually feel physically queasy. It's both great and shit to care again

It's annoying tbh, I always feel like THIS game is the most nerve inducing one possible, the BIGGEST game of the season, but it's clearly shite. They can't all be. :lol:

Just now, TRon said:

It's annoying tbh, I always feel like THIS game is the most nerve inducing one possible, the BIGGEST game of the season, but it's clearly shite. They can't all be. :lol:

Feels almost derby-esque, at least in the atmosphere sense, just hope the players play the game, not the occasion :thup: