Everton vs. Newcastle United: 27/04/23 @ 19:45 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

Doubt he’s actually a proper fan. Think he’s spent his life being an outcast and that’s why he’s done everything possible to try and market himself as a right wing cretin, knowing that there is an audience to lap it up. I don’t doubt he’s got awful beliefs as well but I think what’s mainly driving it is a need to be recognised, and talked about. He probably saw NUFC as a way of being part of something, find it really hard to imagine him actually liking football and the culture associated with it 

32 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nerves kicking in now, at work just like Sunday so hopefully same outcome for us. A win would be massive.

If you are nervous, just think about how Everton fans must be feeling right now :lol:

Get them under pressure from the start/silence the crowd early on, and it could be a comfortable night.

Edited by Klaus

6 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Let's get back to keeping some clean sheets ffs.

0-2 please.

Definitely need to get back into the habit. Would be fantastic to see Pope get the Golden Glove or whatever its called. 

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Got a nasty feeling about this one, hope i'm wrong. Need to be up for it from the start, we've started a lot of recent away games really slowly and they will be up for it without a doubt. Hope we smash them

I know what you mean. Does worry me that in our last 2 away games (Brentford & Villa) we have produced 3 pretty rotten halves of football. Only saving grace was that second half at Brentford. 

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

I know what you mean. Does worry me that in our last 2 away games (Brentford & Villa) we have produced 3 pretty rotten halves of football. Only saving grace was that second half at Brentford. 

Also started slow at Forest (daft goal given away) and even West Ham (saved by two quick early goals after rotten defending by them). Have to go back to Leicester for the last time I think we really went at a team from the first whistle in an away game. Home games are a different story.

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Also started slow at Forest (daft goal given away) and even West Ham (saved by two quick early goals after rotten defending by them). Have to go back to Leicester for the last time I think we really went at a team from the first whistle in an away game. Home games are a different story.

We were all over forest first half  man

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

going to be a bear-pit atmosphere

Wishful thinking for Everton fans. I guarantee our traveling fans out-sing them all match.

Edited by cubaricho

Anyway i'm being hyper-critical to make a general point but Palace and Bournemouth were pretty crap all-round, Villa, Brentford and West Ham were undoubtedly poor first halves. Man City wasn't bad but from memory most of the chances were second half. Dunno, just feels like we haven't really started an away game really well since Boxing Day, would be nice to see that change tonight.