Everton 1-4 Newcastle United (27/04/2023)

Disco

Weird old game, the first half was woeful with neither team being able to string more than a handful of passes together. Second half was much better and we started to attack the left flank, with Godfrey having an absolute nightmare at right back.

They completely collapsed after the second and are really starting to whiff of a team heading for the Championship.

We weren't at our best, but job comprehensively done in what had the potential to be a tricky away trip.

Absolute delirium in that away end like. Unbelievable scenes scoring 5 away to Everton. We were really clinical, they were blunt. Thought Willock and Bruno were class. Back four quality too. Isak outrageous for Murphy's goal too. There's just so much to like about this team

I really do want Everton to go down, but not for long. They're a proper club. 

Sorry for the self indulgence but I was on a bit of a roll last night ?

16 hours ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Joelinton needs to get in the game

Minutes later he got created the chance for the 1st goal

16 hours ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

told you ?

15 hours ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Willock needs to get into the game

Minutes later he got created the chance for the 2nd goal.  

Told you ?

I figured I has some sort of powers so thought I'd try it out on Bruno:

Bruno needs to get in the game

minutes later he got the assist on Wilsons goal.

Told you!  ?

three from three who's next! 

At this point I didn't want to waste this new found ability so didn't call the next one.

* minutes are approx I was drunk.

?

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Don't blame them for trying to get behind their team, it worked for the first 30 minutes or so. Fair play to them.

That said, I do hope they fuck off to the Championship.

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Must admit, I'm really enjoying Adam P's videos these days. He's awkward, but he's best of the matchday vloggers by far ?

Genuine question, does he have something wrong with him?  I saw him walking up to the Spurs game past Chinatown on his own.  Wasn't filming and didn't appear to have headphones in or anything.  So guessing he wasn't recording?  But he was mumbling and muttering to himself under his breath like an absolute madman and looking about all sketchy.   

3 minutes ago, christ said:

I’d have a great deal more time for Everton and their pound shop ultras if they hadn’t spend the first half of the season setting up roadblocks and chasing their own players’ cars.

Should change your username to Hammer for hitting this nail on the head!

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Weird old game, the first half was woeful with neither team being able to string more than a handful of passes together. Second half was much better and we started to attack the left flank, with Godfrey having an absolute nightmare at right back.

They completely collapsed after the second and are really starting to whiff of a team heading for the Championship.

We weren't at our best, but job comprehensively done in what had the potential to be a tricky away trip.

Lose to Leicester away on Monday and they’re right in the shit. Last four games are:

Brighton (A)

Man City (H)

Wolves (A)

Bournemouth (H)

Not beyond the realms of thinking they’ll draw v Wolves and beat Bournemouth as they’ll be on the beach by then but if they don’t pick anything up in the other 3 before that, they could be gone before they get to the final game.

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Must admit, I'm really enjoying Adam P's videos these days. He's awkward, but he's best of the matchday vloggers by far ?

The fact he’s awkward makes it even better imo, proper comedic edge to it wether he intends it or not :lol:

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

The fact he’s awkward makes it even better imo, proper comedic edge to it wether he intends it or not :lol:

I’ve never got over him downing a tiny bottle of wine in a train toilet. That’s the content I want from my football YouTubers.

4 minutes ago, christ said:

I’ve never got over him downing a tiny bottle of wine in a train toilet. That’s the content I want from my football YouTubers.

Sure in one of his Benfica videos he ordered a 50 euro cocktail on room service. Took a couple of sips and said he'd prefer a Coors :lol:

3 hours ago, Nine said:

People who claim it’s all down to investment or ‘blood money’ have emotionally deluded themselves and are crying salty, salty tears.

The recent success is 80% down to the management/coaching, how many examples can we give of teams spunking money only to flop badly? 

Against Spurs take away Isak. All the rest involved in the goals are Ashley signings. Murphy goals, Joelinton goal, Wilson goal. Assists Willock, Schar, Longstaff, Almiron involved in the last one. Let them complain, they dont know what they are talking about.