Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 07/05/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Going to be some forced boot licking ahead of kick off unfortunately, hope it doesn't ruin the atmosphere a la the Bournemouth home game.

Should be a bit different from that game as we didn’t have flags for that one and no pre match music.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Going to be some forced boot licking ahead of kick off unfortunately, hope it doesn't ruin the atmosphere a la the Bournemouth home game.

a funeral seems worse than a coronation no?

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I doubt it this time mate! Much bigger game and obviously flags/pissed/Bank Holiday. Will be rocking. I'm up town from 11:30 :lol: 

Hope the DJ doesn't play something ridiculous. Can imagine him playing Rule Britannia at like 5000 decibels or something.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I doubt it this time mate! Much bigger game and obviously flags/pissed/Bank Holiday. Will be rocking. I'm up town from 11:30 :lol: 

Hope the DJ doesn't play something ridiculous. Can imagine him playing Rule Britannia at like 5000 decibels or something.

Hope you're right. I'm in town from close to the same time so probably be too pissed to care. :lol:

Dear lord, would make me whitey that.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

5 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Ridiculous really how this coronation bollocks is being forced upon us right before kick off .

It is possible to vent your feeling about this btw

7 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

IMG_0116.thumb.jpeg.99190d0969e7976e2e4ff2b5d7de5225.jpeg

more shithousery!! 

Still amazes me that away fans don't realise or know that it's like that because of the way the ground is configured. When L7 was built in 2000 the plan was always to put away fans up there. Where they were in the 90s in the northeast corner is too small, 1700ish, when the PL makes clubs oblige to have 3000 away fans unless the ground has a capacity of less than 30k, in which away fans get 10% of the capacity. If they moved away fans into the lower bowl of SJP you'd have home and away fans using the same turnstiles and exits unless we reconfigured the ground's layout.

Either way, why the hell should away fans be accommodated for? Obviously there shouldn't ever be bother or owt like that but playing away should be intimidating and any minute advantages you can get, ie putting typically vocal away fans miles away, should be par for the course imo.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Still amazes me that away fans don't realise or know that it's like that because of the way the ground is configured. When L7 was built in 2000 the plan was always to put away fans up there. Where they were in the 90s in the northeast corner is too small, 1700ish, when the PL makes clubs oblige to have 3000 away fans unless the ground has a capacity of less than 30k, in which away fans get 10% of the capacity. If they moved away fans into the lower bowl of SJP you'd have home and away fans using the same turnstiles and exits unless we reconfigured the ground's layout.

Either way, why the hell should away fans be accommodated for? Obviously there shouldn't ever be bother or owt like that but playing away should be intimidating and any minute advantages you can get, ie putting typically vocal away fans miles away, should be par for the course imo.

Txt book shithousery O0 
“every little helps”

Edited by PauloGeordio

We've started so badly in the last few games and always seem to give the opposition a great chance in the first minute. I can see Aresnal being one up in the first 5 minutes and then we'll wake up.

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

We've started so badly in the last few games and always seem to give the opposition a great chance in the first minute. I can see Aresnal being one up in the first 5 minutes and then we'll wake up.

Not against Spurs we didn’t