Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 07/05/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I'm interested in our approach to pressing and attack. City had a lot of success going long.

Someone needs to watch Odegaard, we need to bypass Partay, we need to make their CBs uncomfortable; they build up has completely been impacted with the loss of Saliba. 

Seems like Gabriel is going to make it, if the Clock End podcast is to be believed. It sounds like it was just an impact injury rather than anything muscular.

Still don't think it makes any difference to the outcome, but we'd have won by two or three instead of one or two without him there.

If we start like we did against Spurs or City we'll easily win this. But Arsenal have serious threat going forward too. Need to make sure its more Spurs (H) and less Liverpool (H).

16 minutes ago, Rich said:

Seems like Gabriel is going to make it, if the Clock End podcast is to be believed. It sounds like it was just an impact injury rather than anything muscular.

Still don't think it makes any difference to the outcome, but we'd have won by two or three instead of one or two without him there.

He’s looked ropey as fuck without Saliba covering for him anyway. Danger from set pieces though. 

Partey has been absolutely dreadful recently.

If we can shut Odegaard down effectively and win the midfield battles, we'll be halfway there.

Would certainly be targeting Zinchenko too.

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

Partey has been absolutely dreadful recently.

If we can shut Odegaard down effectively and win the midfield battles, we'll be halfway there.

Would certainly be targeting Zinchenko too.

They just won’t like our physical nature and the intimidation of the crowd, same as last year. I think we can win that midfield and if both their starting centre halfs are out Isak and Wilson could have a field day.

Full circle back to where both of our current situations eminated from in this fixture a year ago.

Our confidence and style was forged and they got the kick up the arse attitude adjustment from the manner of the beating.

Could be second now if we'd just won a tight game 1-0.

Just now, Disco said:

Looking forward to this one. Stuck myself firmly in the free hit mindset. Anything could happen. Shame it’s not an evening kick off. 

16:30 Sunday on a bank holiday weekend. I for one will be shitfaced. Again.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

16:30 Sunday on a bank holiday weekend. I for one will be shitfaced. Again.

Ah shit aye, forgot about the BH element. 

Into these cockerney wankers. Nice snide reducer on Ødegaard early doors from Big Joe please. 

Interested to see what Howe's thinking re starting 11. If Longstaff is out/too risky then Joe moves back in with Bruno and Willockinho. Can he not start Isak on the left with Wilson and Murphy/Almiron? I kinda get the impression he's a bit reluctant to start both Isak and Wilson because it doesnt give him much of a change off the bench. Might be a case of go for it and make it work and if not just deal later on.