Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 07/05/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

The narrative around the game is interesting. It's a must win for Arsenal in terms of their title ambitions, a draw does nothing for them. On the other hand, while it'd be nice to keep ticking toward that 72 points mark, it's a bit of a free hit for us. 

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The narrative around the game is interesting. It's a must win for Arsenal in terms of their title ambitions, a draw does nothing for them. On the other hand, while it'd be nice to keep ticking toward that 72 points mark, it's a bit of a free hit for us. 

If Liverpool had drawn their last two games 3-3 and 0-0 like they probably should’ve then it’s a free hit. However it’s still too close for comfort to say it’s a free hit surely. A point would be great as got that awful feeling we could have a repeat of the Liverpool home game. Win it and for the first time I’ll feel relaxed. Meanwhile I’m wanting a draw between Brighton & Man Utd and hoping Brentford do us a favour Saturday.

If their two “regular” centre halves are unavailable for selection for this one it would be a massive lift you’d feel to the supporters as well as the team.

53 minutes ago, LFEE said:

If Liverpool had drawn their last two games 3-3 and 0-0 like they probably should’ve then it’s a free hit. However it’s still too close for comfort to say it’s a free hit surely. A point would be great as got that awful feeling we could have a repeat of the Liverpool home game. Win it and for the first time I’ll feel relaxed. Meanwhile I’m wanting a draw between Brighton & Man Utd and hoping Brentford do us a favour Saturday.

We've still got a nine point margin of error over Liverpool and this is our most difficult fixture remaining. It won't feel like that if they close the gap to three points on Saturday, but we've bought ourselves a couple of slip ups. Obviously, it would be nice to get it wrapped up as comfortably as can be though. 

The Arsenal fans on the Away Days podcast had this down as an Arsenal loss even before our better form and their capitulation. Both predicting 3-1 to us and even more confident of it happening now because of each team's form and because of their centre backs.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I'm not sure we will win this one but I know by the time kick off erupts, I will be.

The stadium plays a huge part. It swings the odds a % or 2 in our favour.

Could be an absolute goal fest too.

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

It's not quite a free hit imo, but winning is much better for us than losing is bad. Win this and we're coasting, lose it and we're still in control. Huge match like. 

4 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Almiron to run Zinchenko absolutely ragged

Would prefer ASM. Have always thought assist wise he’s more dangerous and productive on the right. Hope gets played there at some part of the game and remaining fixtures. I guess the concern is Tripper’s recovery pace. Murphy and Almiron are good insurance policies.

Aye, it'll be interesting to see how Arsenal handle the pressure. After Chelsea there were some suggestions the pressure has eased on Arsenal after being dethroned, but as an opposing team, a must win game in front of a bouncing SJP must be daunting right now. Looking at it objectively, it should be a cracking game. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, it'll be interesting to see how Arsenal handle the pressure. After Chelsea there were some suggestions the pressure has eased on Arsenal after being dethroned, but as an opposing team, a must win game in front of a bouncing SJP must be daunting right now. Looking at it objectively, it should be a cracking game. 

Best defence and all! :indi: