Newcastle United 4-1 Brighton & Hove Albion (18/05/2023)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, looks something like that, and at certain points when they beat the initial press, we then drop into more of a mid block and close up spaces. Been fantastic.

Would love someone to do a proper analysis. 

Just been wondering if we're letting them get a sideways pass in across the box, so they cannot do their angled wall passes around the press from the middle.  Just pure guessing, so yeah would love a proper analysis.  

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

I love a header when a player seems to suspend in the air for an extra split second. Never thought I'd see it from Burn in a million years.

A bit Ferdinandesque

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Luque said:

Whoever said not to press Brighton as they "welcome it" :lol: :lol:

I mean they absolutely do welcome it, it's just so weird that they keep ok welcoming it. Their tactics have been utterly bizarre. 

Expect Ferguson to come on and for them to change it second half like. 

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Would love someone to do a proper analysis. 

Just been wondering if we're letting them get a sideways pass in across the box, so they cannot do their angled wall passes around the press from the middle.  Just pure guessing, so yeah would love a proper analysis.  

:howe:

Almiroon's been the man.

Ref pissing me off as usual. Bruno was on the receiving end of probably 3 of those at leeds and nobody got booked, and not booking the other fella if you're gonna book Schär is ridiculous.

Can't believe how good our press has been though. Lets hope we can keep it up even if Brighton bring on their A-listers off the bench.

Just now, bigfella said:

If only Almiron had brought his early season finishing ability to that chance when he was clean through, that would have been the perfect half from him.

That the one where he should have passed to Joelinton who was unmarked and in a central position?

Just now, Stifler said:

That the one where he should have passed to Joelinton who was unmarked and in a central position?

Yup. But early season, he was burying them for fun, so can't blame him for shooting