Newcastle United vs. Leicester City: 22/05/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Leicester fan in peace. Just coming in to congratulate you on your top 4 finish. Unless Dean Smith and half the squad have had brain transplants since last Monday you'll win tonight comfortably. Especially if you score in the first 10-15 minutes, we'll fold and it'll be as many as you want it to be. We've conceded the first goal in something absurd like 19 of our last 20 games.

I'd love any reason for optimism but I can't find any. This group couldn't beat you when top 4 was on offer and you had Bruce managing you. We're a shell of that team and even more fragile mentally. You could genuinely run up 6, 7, 8+ goals tonight if your lads are at it.

I've been incredibly impressed with how you've operated off the pitch as well as on it since the takeover. Our old academy manager has brown nosed his way up to DOF and makes Lee Charnley look like a genius. I like that you're looking to hire top talent off the pitch from other clubs. We had that to a degree when Pearson was here, but since then, it's a bit of an old boys club. We invested £100m on a training ground, then decided not to invest in the right staff to get benefits from it.

One of my friends from Uni is a Toon fan so always had a bit of friendly rivalry and soft spot for your lot. Very impressive what has been achieved in a very short time period.

If you're looking for optimism, we still don't know who we're going to play in midfield.

Willock is out of rest of the season. Longstaff only just returned to training and might not be fit. Bruno and Joelinton who knows.

10 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Do they still make those figurines? I have Shearer, Ince, and a couple others from the 90s.

Yeah, I did a lockdown quiz round where the participants had to guess who some of the more random ones were

s-l1600(15).thumb.jpg.b93b1dc57a6d2dc1e34ff13db8bb41aa.jpg  s-l1600(14).thumb.jpg.98a0077f9eabfab2cebfc47f38c301b5.jpg s-l1600(7).thumb.jpg.9edc015dfe0d750fdee8b31681ea554a.jpg

I also had a full round of rather disturbing face merges which was pretty amazing 

longshortshe.png.f1e84a7b13b16b68c0ce198bdea25900.png 

hay jo max.png

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

If you're looking for optimism, we still don't know who we're going to play in midfield.

Willock is out of rest of the season. Longstaff only just returned to training and might not be fit. Bruno and Joelinton who knows.

If Soumare and Tielemans are playing then you could literally play anyone with legs and you'll be fine :D

Just now, filbertway said:

If Soumare and Tielemans are playing then you could literally play anyone with legs and you'll be fine :D

I'll admit I haven't been watching Leicester but I thought Tielemans was considered decent? Or is this just a case of 2008/09 Newcastle where the team is full of downed tools? Mercenaries who don't care because they know they'll get a move to another club in the summer

I miss Ando!

4.5 hours until the teams announced is not doing my heart rate any favours.

In all seriousness did we ever work out which player he was... My money was on either Carroll or Shortstaff as it went quiet after they both left.

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

2 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

I'll admit I haven't been watching Leicester but I thought Tielemans was considered decent? Or is this just a case of 2008/09 Newcastle where the team is full of downed tools? Mercenaries who don't care because they know they'll get a move to another club in the summer

Youri is a class act on the ball. Unfortunately he's about as mobile as Mike Ashley, so against a hard running team, he generally comes unstuck. Fans get on his back because he has quite a lazy looking style, but tbf I think he's been fairly professional throughout. Will be sad to see him go, his vision and passing ability are totally wasted on us at the moment. He ends up looking quite poor as so many players just aren't on his wavelength.

Bouba Soumare is strong as an ox, absolutely rapid. Yet seems to have absolutely awareness when the ball is going towards our goal. You'll be shocked how many time you get possession of the ball with all the time in the world about 10-20 yards outside of our box.

Again, Smith and the players could surprise me, but this is all based on the evidence of recent games when those 2 have started together.

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Do you think Mendy will start? Seem like most Leicester fans want him to.

Honestly no idea. He should be starting, I can tell you that. 

Smith seems very old school, so probably doesn't think our best DM could be Mendy given the fact he's about 5'2. 

In other news, sounds like Madders isn't playing tonight, talking of players downing tools when the chips are down. James Maddison sits squarely at the top of that list.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Honestly no idea. He should be starting, I can tell you that. 

Smith seems very old school, so probably doesn't think our best DM could be Mendy given the fact he's about 5'2. 

In other news, sounds like Madders isn't playing tonight, talking of players downing tools when the chips are down. James Maddison sits squarely at the top of that list.

Vested interest in us qualifying for Champions League?? ?

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

This attitude would completely turn me off from buying him. 

1 hour ago, geordie_b said:

FFS Can we stop talking about Leicester, who gives a fuck??!

Lets get this thread back on topic and discuss which year Aniston hit her prime?

87381764-jimmy-hill-up-rex-2449232179.jp