Newcastle United vs. Leicester City: 22/05/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Not nearly as nervous about this as I was before Villa got a point at the weekend. Makes such a difference knowing that a point is a enough tonight, and that even IF we were to lose, a point is enough on Sunday instead of having to go to Chelsea desperate for a win.

Saying that though, if we don't do it tonight, this place will be a nightmare until Sunday :lol:

23 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Hoping for a great night.. hate the fact we're helping Everton but I want to see that stadium like we've never seen before.

Us getting champions league far outweighs us doing Everton a solid one.

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Not nearly as nervous about this as I was before Villa got a point at the weekend. Makes such a difference knowing that a point is a enough tonight, and that even IF we were to lose, a point is enough on Sunday instead of having to go to Chelsea desperate for a win.

Saying that though, if we don't do it tonight, this place will be a nightmare until Sunday :lol:

Even if one of Leicesters players hit a worldly and they went 1-0 up still pretty confident of us winning. They’re awful at the back though and I think too many players have thrown in the towel already. The atmosphere and high press will probably mean we’re 1 or 2 up at halftime. Can never ever take anything for granted though and Howe will be relaying this to players all week. Play like we can and we’ll get it done. Aim to win, worse case a draw does it.

12 minutes ago, DahnSahf said:

Most important message from Eddie to the players tonight is no red cards. Bruno, Joe, and Miggy all wanting a fight on Thursday was potentially ruinous.

Aye. Not just the red on the night and the following suspension, but getting involved in too much of that shite is allowing our focus to be distracted and is exactly what they will want.

26 minutes ago, DahnSahf said:

Most important message from Eddie to the players tonight is no red cards. Bruno, Joe, and Miggy all wanting a fight on Thursday was potentially ruinous.

Miggy being included in that is still so funny :lol:

Thi k we will see this: 

Pope

Trippier. Schar.       Botman.  Burn

Anderson. Bruno. Joelinton 

Almiron.          Wilson.          Isak

19 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Do folk think Leicester will put up much of a fight?

This'll be a great test for the players regardless in terms of giving them that big match winning experience 

They have to win, I’d expect them to grow into the game the longer it stays 0-0

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

They have to win, I’d expect them to grow into the game the longer it stays 0-0

I watched them in their last game and they actually started well, then collapsed due to mistakes leading to opposition goals. 

They’ll absolutely time waste like fuck at the start of the match. They’ll have seen how we’ve generally been all over teams first 20 mins at home (probably Southampton aside recently), and they’ll be desperate to try and take the sting out of that.

Thought the crowd did a good job of jumping on the Brighton keepers back when he tried that last week, resulting in the ref then getting on to him. More of that needed tonight.