Newcastle United 0-0 Leicester City (22/05/2023)

Mike

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I swear I'm watching different Dan Burn to the one N-O is :lol:

He is typically fine but he has miscontrolled the ball when receiving a pass several times today (under no pressure thankfully). 

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Feel like Targett naturally overlapping Isak would be lush. 

It definitely feels like the perfect kind of match for him. Burn has been in acres of space the whole match and done very little defending. It’d be great to have someone who can effectively use the ball in all that space. 

Even though we've dominated, I'm still feeling proper nervous ffs

I guess I'm dreading a bit of Maddison magic from a free kick or a random Vardy worldie [emoji38]

I do think once we score though, the floodgates will open

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

I worried it would play out like this. They have no intention of trying to do anything. We need to be ruthless for next chances.

Wilson has been wasteful, as has Isak and Miggy.. it’s screaming out for someone to take a hit from midfield.

I think Wilson has been unlucky rather than wasteful. He’ll get more chances. 

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

These fuckers Noshing Dean Smith off for parking the bus, werent saying that when we did it vs Man City under Rafa.

They are desperate for them to get a result, in particular the game commenatators. The assistant commentator has a clear dislike of Newcastle. 

Wonder will Leicester change tactics and try and go for the win after about 80 minutes. I'm not sure what their plan is here, get a draw and give it all on the last day? With Everton at home to Bournemouth they kinda need to go for the two wins like. 

I like Dan Burn and don’t have an issue with his effort or really his performance. He does stick out like a sore thumb in this sort of match though, he’s just limited

4pm here in Montreal. Ive got a whole groupchat of friends who support other clubs having a go at me. I've got my Ben Arfa shirt on. Champagne on ice. We got this! I have a great feeling. At worst we get a draw. At best Wilson bags 2 goals and we win 2-0. I would like to see Targett on. Wouldnt be bad to see us go 4-4-2 to try and put more pressure on. Maybe bring on one of ASM or Gordon. Lets fucking go fellas. 1 point away. 

Just now, Decky said:

Wonder will Leicester change tactics and try and go for the win after about 80 minutes. I'm not sure what their plan is here, get a draw and give it all on the last day? With Everton at home to Bournemouth they kinda need to go for the two wins like. 

Sit on a 0-0, throw on their attacking players last 20-30 mins, go for a win from there.  

Just now, Gawalls said:

Everybody getting worried they’ll Nick a win must have forgot only Liverpool and arsenal have beaten us here this season, has Howe not earned a little trust yet?

It’s not about lack of trust :lol: Shit can happen if unlucky.

Edited by Ikon

Honestly does Wilson score against teams that park the bus? I remember Southampton, but.. What if we sub Wilson for ASM and play Isak up front?

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

He is typically fine but he has miscontrolled the ball when receiving a pass several times today (under no pressure thankfully). 

Several times? :lol: I can't even think of one time he has.