Newcastle United 0-0 Leicester City (22/05/2023)

Mike

Leicester will be happy that their game plan has worked like - they’re playing for a 0-0 before hoying on Maddison and Barnes to have a go at snatching it.

This feels like one of those games around February - we just can’t finish.  I don’t give a shite as long as we don’t concede - 0-0 gets us what we need

Tough job to break these down. Keep going lads. Elliot doing well. I’d like Isak to try and take up positions a little closer to the box, he’s getting pinned on the touchline. Atmosphere sounds like a pre season

Draw is fine, but it's concerning that we can't score. If Leicester scores on the counter we are screwed if we keep being this ineffective. Not the first time we struggle when a team parks the bus against us.

Well we had the chances, sadly left our shooting boots at home. Seen it all before when teams park the bus, it takes something a bit special to break it down.

I mean so far their game plan is working exactly how they want. I imagine they aim to get to 60 then bring on Maddison and Barnes. 

So frustrating but we need to jot force it. 

Also feel like we could afford to get that extra body in the box to help Wilson. 

Also the boys hitting the target would be nice.

Just now, Solitude20 said:

Leicester had zero shots and zero attempts in the 1st half. Is it because we played that well? Or are they really bad? 

It’s their game plan.  It’s deliberate - we don’t need to play well for it to be the case. 

Keep having to remind myself that a point is all we need. It's frustrating and we should be ahead but the bigger picture is that a clean sheet means CL. They'll have a spell on the second half and we need to be careful of Vardy on the break but we're virtually there. I'd prefer to get there with a win but I'm ripping arms out of sockets for the point tbh. Big picture gentlemen, no time to panic