Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

If I was going, absolutely no chance I would be wearing any form of ‘colours’

I think I’ll have to tone down my outfit as well! All black could be the call like their ultras!

I was expecting bother before I seen how they went on in town on the afternoon of the match up here anyway – not expecting a pleasant few days tbh.

20 minutes ago, Paully said:

I think I’ll have to tone down my outfit as well! All black could be the call like their ultras!

I was expecting bother before I seen how they went on in town on the afternoon of the match up here anyway – not expecting a pleasant few days tbh.

Best get shopping

15 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Looks like Zaire-Emery got injured for France and likely to miss our game. Thought he was their best player at SJP.

I think we could realistically get a draw at PSG, possibly even a win if we were at decent strength but I’ve no idea what team we’ll put out. They’re about as big a choker outfit going as there is

29 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Looks like Zaire-Emery got injured for France and likely to miss our game. Thought he was their best player at SJP.

He'll be unreal if he keeps his progression going. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

I think we could realistically get a draw at PSG, possibly even a win if we were at decent strength but I’ve no idea what team we’ll put out. They’re about as big a choker outfit going as there is

Bruno and Isak give us a chance. We'll need the squad players to play above themselves and those two to provide the quality. 

5 hours ago, pinkeye said:

Anyone know of a good bar in Copenhagen for watching Newcastle?

I will be in that city next Tuesday night.  I have heard of a place called Pub and Sport...  Anyone got any information.

Was in Copenhagen in January watching us get knocked out the FA Cup by Sheff Weds. 

The bar I think was called Charlie Scotts, spoke to a few English blokes in there who said it was by far the cheapest pints in the city. Not the biggest place mind, but I enjoyed it! 

6 hours ago, pinkeye said:

I will be in that city next Tuesday night.  I have heard of a place called Pub and Sport...  Anyone got any information.

There’s an Irish bar, where the local NUFC fans congregate. I’ll see if I can find the name. 

It’s here:

https://www.the-globe.dk

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

15 hours ago, pinkeye said:

My mate was working there the other week, saw one match in mermaid and other in bootleggers. Said both decent, the latter got a massive draft range of craft ale if that's your thing

8 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

So I think that’s Marquinhos, Kimpembe and Nuno Mendes out injured - leaving Skrinrar as their only fit CB? 

Think we need to play the exact same way as we did at SJP.

Can’t see us being able to do that away from home and straight after playing Chelsea, mind. Realistically, we are only going to have 1-2 players we can bring in on Tuesday to freshen things up. 

Assuming Isak is 100%. Then the starting XI available is still more than good enough to get something. There just isn’t any depth now because of all the injuries. 

1 hour ago, Miercoles said:

Crazy thing is we can still win this group if we win out and Dortmund lose to PSG and Milan.

Not saying it's a prediction, more like this group is crazy. Must be fun for the neutrals.

It certainly is, just had a quick look at all the groups and our group has 3 points separating 1st and 4th, the next lowest amount of points between 1st and 4th is 7 points, which is in Group B and E

Just goes to show how tough and tight our group is

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

Could be fun and games if the last game is a dead rubber. Can imagine people will still be demanding us to put a first 11 out

Cant see any point in us doing so tbh

Aye, folk going mental cos they’ve paid 400 quid to see Dummett and Kraft at centre back.

edit - actually Kraft’s not eligible is he? Dummett and Alex Murphy then.

Edited by SteV

2 hours ago, jack j said:

Could be fun and games if the last game is a dead rubber. Can imagine people will still be demanding us to put a first 11 out

Cant see any point in us doing so tbh

£2.4million for a win. They may risk putting out a strong team regardless.