Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

1 minute ago, Cort said:

Buzzing with it tbf, two huge clubs in Dortmund and Milan but who are vulnerable giving us a good chance. Honestly Dortmund are playing without any direction at the moment.

Think we can really make out mark. 

Tramps down the road will be gutted too, ever seen a Mackem in Milan?

The start of the Ashley era, we were taking a pretty average Czech defender from a pretty average PSG for a pretty average fee. Now look at us. 

That should be used as a reference when people complain about clubs like us, Man City, PSG, etc. The alternative to the takeovers is Liverpool qualifying every twatting year without much effort and the like. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, midds said:

Can't relate to anyone having fears or being miserable about the draw like. I get the fact it's tough but it's the elite club competition on the planet, it's not supposed to be easy. It's 6 fixtures that you'll remember and cherish for years to come too, what's the point of qualifying if you're going to be too scared to enjoy it, fuck it, let's just see what happens

As I said already, if you get a slightly easier group, far more chance of qualifying and going through to the next stage. THEN you get to play these teams anyway, your profile grows even more, and you get momentum.

My take is that we aren't just there for the sake of it, we want to go deep in the competition, and an easier draw makes that more likely.

4 minutes ago, Billy Warthog said:

Absolutely happy with the draw. Do we really want the easy route all the time? 

They are all cool matches but I think this is the only forum with this mindset. Lets hope for Liverpool in the FA cup while were at it.

Edited by nufc123

My brutally honest, Dutch boss who supports Feyenoord "Milan and Dortmund are not at your level. You have every bit of quality to get 2nd, and who knows what PSG will be. You could win your bloody group. You would have won our group." 

And to reiterate, he doesn't sugar coat shit. Its not in his DNA. 

Edited by Kanji

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

They are all cool matches but I think this is the only forum with this mindset. Lets hope for Liverpool in the FA cup while were at it.

It's different and you know it - we play Liverpool at least twice a season.

12 minutes ago, christ said:

Le subreddit du PSG regorge de gens qui perdent la tête ou qui disent "c'est bon, nous allons battre Dortmund et Milan". [émoji38]

No exaggeration, real fans respect all teams, we are confident but aware that our team is rebuilding. But still eager to see our Mbappé fighter plane shake the nets at St James Park, Allez Paris !! 

Edited by Sisco

Looking at the group in detail:

PSG: They're 8th in Ligue 1, are you scared of the 8th best team in France who just drew with Toulouse? Pfft ofcourse not, we smashing them. 

Milan: Their main threat is Pulisic, are you scared of a whiney American who couldn't hack it the Premier League? Pfft ofcourse not, we smashing them. 

Dortmund: They're massive bottle jobs who only had to beat Mainz at home to win a title last season, are you scared of someone who who drops bottles all over the shop? Pfft ofcourse not, we smashing them. 

We got this. :naughty:

Edited by 54

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Honestly the players will probably be happy about this. You want to play in the Champions League to be on the world stage and to play the best. That's PSG, Dortmund, and Milan - not a group that could be mistaken for the Europa League. And I think the lower expectations could help with nerves.

Aye, I think an 'easy' group where people would be expecting us to go through would be a nightmare. Nee expectation now beyond just enjoying it for what it is. Nobody's got any hope of us winning it this year, so not sure why anyone would hope for anything other than the biggest possible ties we could get and to just enjoy it for what it is. We could've got an unspectacular group, still gone out early without playing anyone of any note and the whole thing would have been a massive damp squib after 20 years away. Even if we get third in that group I imagine most of us will be over the moon.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Man this year isn't the one to worry about getting out of the groups or not, we're back in it for 20 odd years, we're playing some European heavyweights, and the Worlds best player is going to be coming to town. 

Lets give it our best, and fucking enjoy where we are.

I hear you man.

It would be so good for the teams confidence to have some joy in the competition though.

And even if we don't quite get out, at least going into the Europa League and having a chance at that would be awesome.

But anyways, I'm going to be enjoying it regardless, no question about that.