• Willock vs Chelsea
    • Longstaff (2nd) vs Southampton
    • Isak vs West Ham
    • Isak vs Brentford
    • Murphy vs Spurs
    • Murphy vs Everton
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

It wasn’t in the grand scheme of things but after years of Big Willy and people this season pretending we were shite at set pieces Wilson v Villa was genuinely class.  

10 hours ago, Guybrush said:

There needs to be an official assist of the season category so we can all unanimously vote for Willock's aasist to Isak.

As for goal... yeah there's probably more important, probably more spectacular goals, but my vote goes to the man who gave us this...

:juicy:

Isak dribble leading to ‘on a plate/non-assist assist’ might interfere with the whole unanimous voting thing. 

Another one here who forgot how good Maxi's was. To catch it so perfectly with it coming down from such a height was really something; it was an incredible strike and now I'm wondering what it is about Miggy's which made it better. 

I know Miggy's was away from home too but if Maxi's gets scored at SJP under the lights then I wonder if the majority is going for that one instead. Everything looks worse at that end of Molineux with the sun whitewashing everything and their treble advertising hoarding. :lol:

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Another one here who forgot how good Maxi's was. To catch it so perfectly with it coming down from such a height was really something; it was an incredible strike and now I'm wondering what it is about Miggy's which made it better. 

I know Miggy's was away from home too but if Maxi's gets scored at SJP under the lights then I wonder if the majority is going for that one instead. Everything looks worse at that end of Molineux with the sun whitewashing everything and their treble advertising hoarding. :lol:

Couldn't tell you whether it is more difficult technically but Almiron's had the ball dropping over his shoulder a la Van Basten, plus he's looped it over the keeper into the top corner which always looks good, plus it's with the outside of his boot from a weird angle. AND you've got the silky play before it including an inch-perfect lobbed pass by Bruno. 

Maxi's is a comparatively dull volley into the bottom corner that the keeper should have dived at, with no team buildup play to add to its quality. It's a very good goal but Miggy's was far more special, unusual and memorable imo. 

I'd have been completely unsurprised to see Almiron's as overall GOTS, the first time I saw it live I thought that looks exactly that type of goal because it just stands out. And as much as I love loads of our others I don't think I could say the same about any of them.

I think maybe some of our fans (probs not you :lol:) maybe underrate it because they know how one-footed he is, therefore he sort of had to hit it that way because he had no other choice. 

TLDR - Yeah I really like Almiron's goal and no I can't marry it because I'm already married. 

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

Couldn't tell you whether it is more difficult technically but Almiron's had the ball dropping over his shoulder a la Van Basten, plus he's looped it over the keeper into the top corner which always looks good, plus it's with the outside of his boot from a weird angle. AND you've got the silky play before it including an inch-perfect lobbed pass by Bruno. 

Maxi's is a comparatively dull volley into the bottom corner that the keeper should have dived at, with no team buildup play to add to its quality. It's a very good goal but Miggy's was far more special, unusual and memorable imo. 

I'd have been completely unsurprised to see Almiron's as overall GOTS, the first time I saw it live I thought that looks exactly that type of goal because it just stands out. And as much as I love loads of our others I don't think I could say the same about any of them.

I think maybe some of our fans (probs not you :lol:) maybe underrate it because they know how one-footed he is, therefore he sort of had to hit it that way because he had no other choice. 

TLDR - Yeah I really like Almiron's goal and no I can't marry it because I'm already married. 

Oh it got my vote too; just after rewatching them all I think we might underrate Maxi's too. It's all a big mess and I wish we had Ashley back 

7 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

That Enciso goal is stupidly overrated. 

Yup, benefits greatly from recency and being against City. If he did that against Forest in October I’m not sure anyone is talking about it.

12 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Yup, benefits greatly from recency and being against City. If he did that against Forest in October I’m not sure anyone is talking about it.

Disagree. The way it arrows into that top corner was like some sort of precision guided missile.

On 31/05/2023 at 00:21, teohgk said:

I like Isak vs Spurs more than Murphy vs Spurs, the pass from Willock it’s just too good

On 31/05/2023 at 01:01, Lush Vlad said:

Other - another one for Isak's first against Spurs.  

The best goal is Almiron's.  But I have wrongly voted for favourite goal. 

Make that three of us.  It isn't an 'assist of the season' - it is easily goal of the season for me.  The technique and vision for the pass was simply unbelievable - all coolly finished by a sublime footballer.  The notion of 'assists' is a relatively recent one - the greatest World Cup goal of all time is still Carlos Alberto's in 1970 for me - but it isn't because of the finish (which is well taken).

Thunderbastards are ten a penny for me - that there are so many of them to choose from tells you that they are more visually spectacular than they are requiring of sublime technique. 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

73 out of 183 isnt 45%, like. 

It is 45.63% of 160 though 

On 20/05/2023 at 17:20, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

What are the probabilities now @Kid Icarus?

Hahaha fuck you 

Edited by Kid Icarus