2023 FIFA Women's World Cup: Rubiales banned from all football-related activities for three years

3 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Absolutely correct. It was a clear and deliberate stamp.

And yet the referee clearly saw the stamp and punished it with a yellow card. Wasn’t as if she missed it. 

Personally thought (in my day I know ?) the yellow was correct because it wasn’t a “stamp”. There was no force. She walked over her with intent which was naughty but a yellow and a warning would’ve been right. If she’d stamped on her with force aggressively then a red for sure.

Bit like the Beckham one which it’s rightly been compared to. That should’ve just been a yellow too. 

Both petulant conduct not violent conduct ?‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

And yet the referee clearly saw the stamp and punished it with a yellow card. Wasn’t as if she missed it. 

Personally thought (in my day I know ?) the yellow was correct because it wasn’t a “stamp”. There was no force. She walked over her with intent which was naughty but a yellow and a warning would’ve been right. If she’d stamped on her with force aggressively then a red for sure.

Bit like the Beckham one which it’s rightly been compared to. That should’ve just been a yellow too. 

Nah, it was a red.

If Tielemans does that to Bruno next week, we'd all want him off.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

She's a good manager like, so guess our bench must be utter shite. Some of these are starting to look tired.

She’s pretty well known for not changing it up much. 

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You just can't take the risk though. Any sort of outward aggression whether petulant or actually violent will result in a 90% red card most of the time. There's no room for it in the game anymore so players need to learn to keep their emotions in check. Part and parcel of the game. 

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It wasn't a forceful stamp and the player wasn't hurt, but you can't get into the area of 'how violent'. 

12 minutes ago, Sima said:

Nah, it was a red.

If Tielemans does that to Bruno next week, we'd all want him off.

Wanting him off and should he be off are two different things. If Bruno did that to Tielemans would you want Bruno off? ?

9 minutes ago, Cronky said:

It wasn't a forceful stamp and the player wasn't hurt, but you can't get into the area of 'how violent'. 

Wasn’t going to as it wasn’t violent. It was clearly petulant. 

Sadly if the Nigerian girl had of cheated and overreacted about it all it might of got a red from the off for violent conduct. She was however very honest and actually highlighted how little the contact was when walked over. If more players did this then fans would be less inclined to want to see red as per the example I’ve quoted above.

It’s a vicious circle of “I’ve seen them given”. 

What are your thoughts on the 2nd penalty not given involving Bronze?

Just now, LFEE said:

Wanting him off and should he be off are two different things. If Bruno did that to Tielemans would you want Bruno off? ?

Sadly if the Nigerian girl had of cheated and overreacted about it all it might of got a red from the off for violent conduct. She was however very honest and actually highlighted how little the contact was when walked over. If more players did this then fans would be less inclined to want to see red as per the example I’ve quoted above.

Honestly, I can’t picture circumstances where that isn’t given as a red card.  As plain as the nose on my face, that one. 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

You should get a red card for stamping no matter the pain it causes

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Honestly, I can’t picture circumstances where that isn’t given as a red card.  As plain as the nose on my face, that one. 

Ref saw it and give a yellow ?

3 minutes ago, Flip said:

It was a red and I don’t think it’s even debatable tbh.

I disagree hence the debate.

3 minutes ago, triggs said:

You should get a red card for stamping no matter the pain it causes

It wasn’t a stamp though…

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Not in the slightest, was an unbelievable stupid thing to do. 

I agree it was stupid as people on here have shown you can leave yourself open to a red.

25 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

You just can't take the risk though. Any sort of outward aggression whether petulant or actually violent will result in a 90% red card most of the time. There's no room for it in the game anymore so players need to learn to keep their emotions in check. Part and parcel of the game. 

I agree she was silly. Disagree that it be as high as 90%. Maybe there should be some room still for it in the game as football is an emotional game ?‍♂️ 

Been such a good performance by the Naija ladies. Shame they couldn't seal the deal in regulation.

Never like us in a penalty shootout. Women, men, children or whatever else.