2023 FIFA Women's World Cup: Rubiales banned from all football-related activities for three years

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Don’t feel it was her fault. If toone had given her an angle she would have played her in 

Thought it was obvious she was getting closed down and should have recycled earlier. Was a bit “hero ball” for me.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Don’t feel it was her fault. If toone had given her an angle she would have played her in 

Aye. She was crying out for a give and go, but Toone stood still behind traffic and just watched her.

CMs have been poor here, for me, none of them trying to make the play on the rare occasions we have it.

Just now, Rich said:

Aye. She was crying out for a give and go, but Toone stood still behind traffic and just watched her.

CMs have been poor here, for me, none of them trying to make the play on the rare occasions we have it.

They’ve just highlighted it on BBC actually, Bronze did hold it too long, perhaps due to the ref blocking the angle to Toone initially.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Yep.  Need James on at HT.  No quality in the middle without her.

Spain have ruthlessly exposed the 3-5-2 as well - and playing England’s best goal scorer at LWB is fucking crackers for me.  

Still in it though.  

I think we were the better team until the goal, since then Spain have just been happy having possession and let England chase them.

I fear now that Spain are 1-0 up, they won’t leave any gaps at the back on a counter attack, although we had a good forward attack later on when she strayed offside.

We have no composure on the final ball though, be it the shot or the pass.

Spain tiki-taka'ing like prime Iniesta and Xavi :shifty: Long way to go and I reckon they'll tire before long in second half but hard to argue against them deserving their lead. Don't think the keeper was getting to that shot off the post on the stroke of half time either

Edited by OpenC