Yankuba Minteh: joins Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent deal (Official)

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I do feel a sporting director is necessary to help avoid a situation like this again.

We had a sporting director, who one could argue, put us in this situation.

I just think there is so much more to it.

I think we all agree that this needs to be avoided at all costs.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

If that's literally all there was to it then they really needn't have put me through the ringer. :lol:

Everyone should have known full well why we signed Minteh in the first place. 

Think there were some people that really needed to reckon with the reality of the alternative scenarios :lol:

Just now, Theregulars said:

On a serious note, it does in theory confirm he has a high ceiling and is probably ready to compete now. It’s a real shame.

Confirms nothing other than Brighton like him. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

...and just like that everyone is gasping for him to go. 

Narrative masterclass from the club today. We can't be putting ourselves in this position again though.

On the one hand it's kind of patronising from the club, but on the other when you see the clip of some of the takes (mostly elsewhere) about selling Minteh in the first place you realise it was probably needed.

Just now, STM said:

We had a sporting director, who one could argue, put us in this situation.

I just think there is so much more to it.

I think we all agree that this needs to be avoided at all costs.

Yeah, there were murmurs the club weren't happy with his work towards selling players and it was a concern.

The Muppet was too busy emailing back and forth with Ratcliffe and his gang to join Man Utd.

Just now, Bunk Moreland said:

On the one hand it's kind of patronising from the club, but on the other when you see the clip of some of the takes (mostly elsewhere) about selling Minteh in the first place you realise it was probably needed.

Exactly :lol:

3 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

On a serious note, it does in theory confirm he has a high ceiling and is probably ready to compete now. It’s a real shame.

Why does it mean he's ready to compete right now?

They signed João Pedro last season for around the same sort of fee, and despite being more experienced, even he wasn't starting consistently for them.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Why does it mean he's ready to compete right now?

They signed João Pedro last season for around the same sort of fee, and despite being more experienced, even he wasn't starting consistently for them.

Nobody was under de zerbi mind he's weird bugger with his selections. 

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Need to sort this all out and start focusing on incomings

Had the last couple of days told you nothing? We haven't got any fucking money. :lol:

I mean our owners are stinking rich and desperate to spend, but we're up against what the big boys allow us to spend. The pot is empty.

This is probably fitting Minteh ending up at Brighton.

Knowing that snake Ashworth he's probably recommended him off the back of some spreadsheet of targets he's copied off their system before he joined us! :laugh:

As I’ve said before, I think he will have a slow start and not look ready apart from showing a few glimpses. Towards the 2nd half/end of session I reckon he will prove to be a massive hit. Seems a quick learner. Plus he has that unnatural lightning pace that will help to build up his confidence and in general game. 

Just now, Chris_R said:

Had the last couple of days told you nothing? We haven't got any fucking money. :lol:

I mean our owners are stinking rich and desperate to spend, but we're up against what the big boys allow us to spend. The pot is empty.

No, last seasons pot is empty.