Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

He'd be getting plenty of minutes now without Europe.  Unless we seriously strengthen and reconfigure the squad no loan out for me.  Need more than two forwards, even if one is fringe at present.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

His manager's view:

"You see that players are developing. If you compare the current Minteh with that of the beginning of the season, such as the calm with which he scores the second goal. He was involved in a lot. I find it very special that while you are doing Ramadan, you can have such an incredible amount of fanaticism. He ate for the last time last night."

Worrying if he plans to never eat again.

Anyone know of any feyenoord forums or message boards? I've been trying to find 1 so I can see what they're saying about him.

Found 1 but the last comment on him was over a month ago and to be honest they weren't very complimentary about him. Basically said he's very fast and good at taking people on but lacks a end product. They may have changed their mind since mind.

Edited by Scoot

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

Is he our RW solution? Allowing money to be invested elsewhere? 

He may be one day, just hope we don’t have that mentality or expectation of him to be a solution to anything at this stage. Would like him to go on loan again next season too. Better than sitting at the end of the bench and getting a 10 min cameo once in a while 

Best case scenario we get European competition next season. We sell one of Murphy or Almiron and buy a new RW.

1st choice  - New RW

2nd choice - Minteh

3rd choice cover for both RW & LW - Murphy or Almiron

Edited by Conjo

4 hours ago, nufcnick said:

Still a little raw apparently, likely to go on loan to a promotion chasing championship club next season, no doubt there will be a recall clause in it though. 

Can't see Minteh being happy with that tbh. From the Champions League and playing for a club like Feyenoord, to playing Millwall away on a Tuesday night. 

In the (admittedly short) highlights clip I saw he made Almiron look two-footed but, fair play, he's having an impact in terms of goals and assists. Interesting that he started ahead of the much more experienced Jahanbakhsh.

Better quality. Minteh involved in quite a few chances that didn't lead to goal too. Looks so fucking fast when he accelerates. Like he has boosters :lol:

7 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Is he our RW solution? Allowing money to be invested elsewhere? 

That's a big risk arguably. I'd say he's the answer to our 2nd option at RW. We need a proven quality player in that position and Minteh to come off the bench or play in the early rounds of cups.

It does mean that Miggy and maybe Murphy can be sold though without any real doubt that we can cover that position comfortably if we get a big signing in as well.

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

That's a big risk arguably. I'd say he's the answer to our 2nd option at RW. We need a proven quality player in that position and Minteh to come off the bench or play in the early rounds of cups.

It does mean that Miggy and maybe Murphy can be sold though without any real doubt that we can cover that position comfortably if we get a big signing in as well.

Yeah, this definitely.

It can seem incredibly harsh given just how much effort those two lads put in, but I won't be sorry to see Almiron or Murphy go as footballers.  As characters, they're beyond reproach.

Saw something on X yesterday about him needing to go back out on loan for work permit reasons. Guessing that might be a load of tosh???

He probably wouldn't qualify automatically for not playing 75% of the games for Gambia the last 2 years or whatever the requirement is these days, but the club can request an FA Exceptions Panel to "consider the player’s experience and value in order to determine whether a Governing Body Endorsement should nevertheless be granted." and assume he'd get it after going through that process.

If someone on the continent like a Porto or Benfica offered us £25-30 million for him this summer, would you take it if it helped our FFP and keep Bruno/Isak?

Edited by joeyt