Yankuba Minteh: Everton drop out of race, but Dortmund and Lyon remain interested (Various)

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He doesn't seem much of a passer. He's getting on the ball, taking on his man and getting himself into dangerous positions. That might be too heltah skelter for Eddie rn. He seems to work pretty hard too.

These were my general thoughts from what little I had seen of him last season. Could be a huge difference maker off the bench, but not sure about his tactical discipline yet. 

7 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Well might as well fold the club now then :suicide:

Just saying we shouldn’t be hoping the youth team come storming in on their white charger to save the day. Might be the odd breakthrough like Sanusi, Harrison or Shahar but it’s not exactly going to be Class of 92 stuff based on what we’re playing currently.

I think a pre-season with eddie would let him know exactly what is expected. If he is up to it, then we have a new and dangerous winger on our hands, hard worker and fast presser a la Gordon!!!

Would save us a wedge on buying somebody, fingers crossed he is up to it.

We need to sign a RW regardless. Pinning a RW spot on a 20yo from Gambia with 2 years playing in Scandinavia and Holland seems a bit daft.

It opens us up to other options fro the RW spot. A loan... Bryan Gil :laugh2:

Edited by The College Dropout

I wish we knew a bit more about how much we can spend, all of the conjecture on here is based upon us having miserly sums for outlay...

Even a couple of solid bids for wilson, miggy and longstaff would help us create a better picture of what we might be capable of buying.

32 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We need to sign a RW regardless. Pinning a RW spot on a 20yo from Gambia with 2 years playing in Scandinavia and Holland seems a bit daft.

If we go down that road, ideally we’d get somebody who could fill both the right wing (first choice) and striker (backup) position, allowing to rest Isak/Wilson (whoever isn’t injured at the time) and give Minteh a few minutes at the end of games. If we think Minteh is good enough to grow into a first team player here we should create some space in the team for him to develop. Knowing Eddie this would probably be a slow process anyway.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

barnes?

5 hours ago, Nucasol said:

After Melbourne I don’t really think that’s an option.

You've misinterpreted the context of what I'm suggesting,  Klopp would ease in multiple youth each season into his PL sides, it hasn't really failed, Howe threw a whole youth side out against experience in a worthless after season promo game, a game that nobody believed the team should have even been there after a gruelling season. 

Surely you know this. 

4 hours ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

If he can match Murphy's goals/assists contribution from last season he will have had a good first PL season.

a bit under appreciated, our jacob.

On 08/06/2024 at 23:07, Emotic said:

Probably, like Isak, someone who is out of favour this season because of injuries or just a loss of form. Ferran Torres and Raphinha have been linked, and Torres just came off a two-month hamstring injury earlier this year...:shifty: Barca would do well gving up some of that forward line of theirs.

:pow:

According to Keith Downie

We will more than likely sell Minteh this summer.

Multiple clubs interested and makes our PSR problem disappear 

He wasn’t an Eddie Howe approved signing (it was ashworths)

Not going to question Howe too much if he does make the sale as there’s obviously a lot of pragmatism to it. However, it feels like it would be a missed opportunity if he’s never even trained with us 

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not going to question Howe too much if he does make the sale as there’s obviously a lot of pragmatism to it. However, it feels like it would be a missed opportunity if he’s never even trained with us 

Agree. If he doesn't even get a look because he was an Ashworth prospect Howe is being more than stubborn 

I suppose you don’t miss what you’ve never really had.  Would like him to stay but there has not been an opportunity to develop an emotional attachment so I would not be as devastated as if it was Bruno or Isak etc..

Obviously if he went on to be a great player it would be annoying but if in the meantime we buy 2-3 excellent players that progress us a little quicker than might have happened, then I guess it will be worthwhile.  That is what happened with Villa and Grealish and I suppose West Ham with Rice.

I doubt him being an Ashworth signing is a factor in the sale. I imagine these prospect signings are scouting team & DoF territory, rather than the manager.

Just seems like an obvious way to make a bit of money - he's had a good season, good stats, if people are interested it opens up the finances a bit and gives us more options in the market. I'd be suprised if anyone is offering the reported 40 million outright though, unless there's a bit of a bidding war. Maybe 20/25 million upfront with some extras and a sell on?

There's probably a couple of other guys I'd sell first to make money, but you can't force peope to buy your players.

4 minutes ago, Wallace said:

I suppose you don’t miss what you’ve never really had.  Would like him to stay but there has not been an opportunity to develop an emotional attachment so I would not be as devastated as if it was Bruno or Isak etc..

Obviously if he went on to be a great player it would be annoying but if in the meantime we buy 2-3 excellent players that progress us a little quicker than might have happened, then I guess it will be worthwhile.  That is what happened with Villa and Grealish and I suppose West Ham with Rice.

I guess that's it but it shows how crazy the rules are that you have to sell one to buy 2-3 all in the name of supposed financial stability??

If you can sell Minteh and Almiron it's nearly all profit given the low fee for the former and the length of time we've had the latter. Could open big CB, RW and ST investment.

1 hour ago, Checko said:

I doubt him being an Ashworth signing is a factor in the sale. I imagine these prospect signings are scouting team & DoF territory, rather than the manager.

Just seems like an obvious way to make a bit of money - he's had a good season, good stats, if people are interested it opens up the finances a bit and gives us more options in the market. I'd be suprised if anyone is offering the reported 40 million outright though, unless there's a bit of a bidding war. Maybe 20/25 million upfront with some extras and a sell on?

There's probably a couple of other guys I'd sell first to make money, but you can't force peope to buy your players.

Aye, can't see Howe scouring the globe looking for talents who after 2 years of loans, will either be an addition to our team or a FFP flip 

If we sell him then first of all I hope it’s not to another Premier League team, and secondly, I hope we have both a buyback clause/1st option clause, and sell on fee’s included.

Edited by Stifler

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Not going to question if you questioned him in your however part of the statement, however didn't you question him in that above statement?