Yankuba Minteh

I think us not getting Europe will have totally transformed our thought process for Minteh next season, unfortunately.

Sure. But this is the game we have to play now. Also if it means we keep Bruno and Isak then so be it. Perfect world we keep everyone but let’s trade sensibly if we are forced to.

These are much better decisions to have to be making then hoping we can get Rossi on loan. 

40m would be a great price for him seeming as he’s never kicked a ball for us. But you would have to ask why clubs would be prepared to pay that amount for someone with so little experience.. his potential is quite possibly far beyond that price.

A buy back option would have to be included surely.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

40m would be a great price for him seeming as he’s never kicked a ball for us. But you would have to ask why clubs would be prepared to pay that amount for someone with so little experience.. his potential is quite possibly far beyond that price.

A buy back option would have to be included surely.

We aren’t getting 40m. It will be 20+ in total. 

If we’ve done this to buy an injury prone player who has probably peaked already I’m not sure what to say. I truly don’t understand how the club is navigating FFP. Most clubs have moved on from buying average premier league players at peak prices, maybe we should take note. 

There'll be plenty more moves like this made unless ffp f*cks off, made a total meat market of things like this and sucked all romance out of it. Am certain part of the reason players like Minteh are signed by clubs is to sell them with it merely being a bonus if they get any discernable first team game time.

Edited by Jonas

5 minutes ago, Jonas said:

There'll be plenty more moves like this made unless ffp f*cks off, made a total meat market of things like this and sucked all romance out of it. Am certain part of the reason players like Minteh are signed by clubs is to sell them with it merely being a bonus if they get any discernable first team game time.

Aye minteh was bought as an FFP flip I’ve got no doubts about it, it’s a shame as it appears

his potential is significant. 

one of the interesting aspects of FFP is it’s basically destroyed the value of your average player who won’t get better, the entire market wants to buy upcoming players with potential. It’s why we’ve had so many issues shifting anyone. 

If there's any truth to these rumours, it'd be a big mistake selling him I think. I'd rather take a gamble on him being good enough to step up for us and not buying anyone than selling him just so we can afford to buy another right winger. 

Think it’s a mistake selling him too. I can see him struggling initially in a new and better league because of him still being slightly unpolished considering how little tactical education he’s had throughout his shott career so far. Combined with his decision making which has improved massively. Having said this, he seems to be a quick learner as wherever he has gone so far it has taken some time before he has started to adapt flourish. I see the same happening in the next step of his development. Look a bit meh in the beginning only to start looking class towards the second half of the season. If we sell him then like many others I certainly hope there’s a buy back clause.  We may be “forced” to sell him to bring in money. If we do so I hope it’s to bring in significant quality before quantity. 

if this is some kind of workaround of FFP/PSR which improves our ability in the market considerably it’s amazing. and if it pisses off the red dictators then even better, I’m all for it.  

Edited by Ikon

He's been brought up at a top flight club in Gambia, moved to a top flight club in Denmark at 18, played a full season in one of the best teams in Holland under the guy who is now manager at one of the biggest clubs in the world and earned his first international start 1.5 years ago.

Unless you mean in general for players of his age, what on earth makes you think he has little tactical education with his experience? :lol: 

It is entertaining how a player who has never played for the club nor in a top league is unsellable, yet plenty of people would sell just about everyone except Bruno and Isak in a heartbeat because they're not good enough.

Not one person on here knows how good the lad would be.  Maybe he'd be great, maybe he wouldn't.  If we sell him, I'll happily take Howe's judgement on the player.

Is he a Gavilan/ Lua Lua or a Solano / Miggy, who knows. 

It would be interesting to find out but if he is the FFP sacrifice to keep better established players then so be it.

The link in the media regarding him been sold to get DCL is frustrating but it would be more than just one signing his sale would support, if the link had been Olise first and we had got him then DCL came in afterwards no one would care.

We just need to trust the club and judge them at the end of the transfer window. 

Would be a shame to see him go, but it seems he was brought in for exactly this reason and if we are getting close to £40m for him then it's hard to get too salty about it.

Has anyone seen him play ? Is he worth adding to the first team squad or are we making a killing at £40 million ?

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

Has anyone seen him play ? Is he worth adding to the first team squad or are we making a killing at £40 million ?

May be more about preventing a points deduction and him being one of only around 4 players who we could actually sell and we don’t want to lose Bruno, Isak or Gordon.