Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

I was under the impression from your contributions at the time both clubs were chasing Botman that your owners had already assembled a very good squad on pennies using data analysis and properly good scouting (i.e. moneyball). Selling at the right time for the right fee and being able to reinvest and grow is part of that. I’m sure you’ll be alright even if it sucks massively losing one of your own, which is something all Newcastle fans who were around when Ashley flogged Carroll on deadline day (without replacing him no less).

We never sold anyone during that time, that's why we all found it fun.

58 minutes ago, Milanista said:

It looks like you're going to get Tonali. I'm quite shocked, not because we sold a player, but because we need Italians, in particular.

He is an incredible player. He can be a DM, he can be a box-to-box in the true marauding English style. Maybe not Gerrard exactly, but think young Roy Keane.

Our new ownership really does think they are smarter than everyone, and it seems that firing Maldini was truly a sign that they think they are smarter than everyone and are apparently going to go full-force into Moneyball.

We haven't sold a player under our previous owners, who are bankrolling our current owners--it seems that our new ownership structure is clearing out everyone who doesn't fit with their project.

I realize I'm going to get stick on here, and that's fine, I've tried to be gracious--but it seems our new ownership has very different plans to Maldini. I'm truly in shock.

Oh, and just as a note, salaries in Italy are reported in net, not gross.

You've just got a hell of a player, our fanbase is quite shocked.

"Young Roy Keane", wow, absolutely fantastic signing if he develops along those lines, sorry for Milan but obviously our got to be happy for our club first.

Love the way the local journos drag their arse over the line after the real journalists go about their job reporting facts and not spouting fucking garbage. 

Edited by Schecter

10 minutes ago, Cristov said:

Does anyone think that the club go in for players they don't actually want (Barella) in order to walk away. Pushing an agenda that we won't pay over the odds then move onto actual players we want. Would be a Great tactic if so.

Michael Edwards was known for doing that at Liverpool.

1 minute ago, Milanista said:

They trialed this Moneyball approached with Toulouse, in France, and took the team from Ligue 2 to promotion and won the cup in their first year in Ligue 1. They believe they data analytics are so advanced that they can out-Moneyball... the teams that currently use data.

To be fair, you have to assume most clubs are using some sort of “money ball” type of approach these days right? Data-driven decision making is just the smart thing to do. 

I honestly think any time they ask Yasir for approval for a big deal he’ll give it. It’s up our executives and manager to push the boat. They did it for Isak. They are doing it for Tonali. 

(to Why Does it Always Rain on Me)

We've got Sandro Tonali

Signed him for a 60 million transfer fee

We've got Sandro Tonali

Even when Milan were crying

It didn't stop us buying.

Oooooh,

Alongside wor Brunoooooo

Tonali runs the shoooooowwww.

He sets up goals.