Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

10 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Here's a good one. Which player had the biggest impact/was the best in the smallest amount of time?

First player that comes to mind for me is Townsend. Obviously discounting Tony Green (wasn't around when he played, but presumably he's #1)

Jan to May 2012, Cisse was magnificent. Never seen so many top glass goals scored by a player in a black n white shirt over so short a time.

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Kilcline? Less obvious but crucial. 

Kilcline is the right answer for me - even though he was at the club 18 months, he only really played for the first four or five of that.  Without Killer, we go down to Division Three and potentially no longer exist. 

43 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

Jan to May 2012, Cisse was magnificent. Never seen so many top glass goals scored by a player in a black n white shirt over so short a time.

Demba Ba in 2011 had a similar impact, but I think Cisse might win by a small margin. And yes, the quality of Cisses goals were definetly better for all it matters.

Edited by Erikse

Wayne Routledge is a shout. If he left as soon as we were promoted he'd probably top the list. We went from promotion shoo-ins to absolute certainties when he arrived.

But he didn't leave then, so I'll have to say Fitz Hall.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Could probably do an XI

Beasant?

Kilcline

Distin

Faye

Willems

Green

Hamman

Merino?

Townsend

Remy

Rondon

Distin, good shout. It was really frustrating when he didn't sign permanently at the end of the 2002 season. He had fit in so seamlessly, and when central defence was the main area that team needed help it felt like the most natural thing for all parties to lock it up.

2 hours ago, Erikse said:

Is Targett really at £100.000 per week?

I would be very surprised, he wasn’t exactly in a strong negotiating position being dropped at his old club. 

Wages, like transfer fees, seem like something we won’t pay above the odds on.

Edited by FLUMPO235

Was thinking randomly this morning about his goal, it was so similar to the one John Aldridge scored for Liverpool in the 88 cup semi against Forest. Love goals like this, nice CM and winger combination play, beautiful cross and someone barreling in to bury the chance. Bloke has ice in his veins.