Sandro Tonali: given suspended two-month ban by FA (Official)

The Prophet

I cannot tell which was a darker time for the club, Mike Ashley or Steve Bruce, i think I hate Bruce more which shouldn't be the case, but it's a gut reaction thing.

Mike was capable and had us barely surviving on a shoestring down to a fine art, the thin skinned cunt.

Bruce is just absolutely shameless, only out for himself. Using his mates in the media to position himself towards his next severance package. 

I

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

I cannot tell which was a darker time for the club, Mike Ashley or Steve Bruce, i think I hate Bruce more which shouldn't be the case, but it's a gut reaction thing.

Mike was capable and had us barely surviving on a shoestring down to a fine art, the thin skinned cunt.

Bruce is just absolutely shameless, only out for himself. Using his mates in the media to position himself towards his next severance package. 

I think personally Bruce's tenure was the most bleak, apathetic and pointless period of the club in its modern history, but ultimately Bruce was a symptom of the Ashley disease, so Ashley will always hold ultimate distain.

1 hour ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

so somebody who is an addict should be exonerated from a crime? Like a fella mugging someone to feed a habit isn’t responsible for their actions? 
giveowwa 

addict or not, betting on your own team is not exactly under the radar as far as the rules are concerned. He made a dumb decision and got caught. He’s a plank. Even Gillespie who is as dumb as a fence post managed to swerve that little infraction. 

Tonali is culpable, obviously, and should be punished. The point is more around the notion he's got an IQ under 80 for betting on football, I don't really think that's how addiction works when it comes to these things.

6 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Bruce is a detestable human being. Mike Ashley was a bad football club owner.

Ashley was and is utter scum. Let’s not rewrite history. Bruce is a self-serving coward. Ashley is a parasite who tore the heart and soul of the club to pieces and basically laughed at  us nonstop while doing it 

13 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

As far as I remember they were here at the same time...?

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Ashley was and is utter scum. Let’s not rewrite history. Bruce is a self-serving coward. Ashley is a parasite who tore the heart and soul of the club to pieces and basically laughed at  us nonstop while doing it 

Yeah. Thought that was a weird take. Bruce was an inept dickhead. Ashley was a whole other level of cunt.

5 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

As far as I remember they were here at the same time...?

There were fleeting moments when things were ok under Ashley, notably HBA, Cabaye, Demba Ba, Cisse etc.. Bruce was the lowest ebb for his whole 14/15 years or whatever it was.

Yes he was a symptom of the regime but honestly, i think the regime were the type to listen to Paul Mersons advice when it comes to footballing decisions. Not one clue on success. Only to just survive without spending much.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

There were fleeting moments when things were ok under Ashley

Anything that was ok in that 14 years was despite Ashley, not because of him.

Similarly, we sometimes won some matches under Bruce. 

There's no way Bruce is worse than  Ashley. It's not even close. Bruce was a terrible manager, managing a terribly run club but he didnt actively attempt to kill it, he merely helped it along without any thought of what he was doing because of his ineptitude and laziness. Ashley is the king of the downfall, Bruce, Charnley, Pardew, McLaren et al were merely his pawns.

26 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Tonali is culpable, obviously, and should be punished. The point is more around the notion he's got an IQ under 80 for betting on football, I don't really think that's how addiction works when it comes to these things.

Firstly I didn’t say his IQ was below 80. I was engaging in a bit of hyperbole for comedic purposes. And I don’t think being an ‘addict’ explains him betting on football when there are so many other ways to feed his ‘addiction.’ 

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

There's no way Bruce is worse than  Ashley. It's not even close. Bruce was a terrible manager, managing a terribly run club but he didnt actively attempt to kill it, he merely helped it along without any thought of what he was doing because of his ineptitude and laziness. Ashley is the king of the downfall, Bruce, Charnley, Pardew, McLaren et al were merely his pawns.

One of the directors of a company I worked for told me that Ashley is a great bloke to work for. Mind he was a cunt too and I nigh throat punched him but I had bills to pay. 

4 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Firstly I didn’t say his IQ was below 80. I was engaging in a bit of hyperbole for comedic purposes. And I don’t think being an ‘addict’ explains him betting on football when there are so many other ways to feed his ‘addiction.’ 

Doesnt sound like Bruce at all tbh.

4 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

One of the directors of a company I worked for told me that Ashley is a great bloke to work for. Mind he was a cunt too and I nigh throat punched him but I had bills to pay. 

Weirdly I heard the exact same from my friend who worked for one of Sports Direct's panel law firms (Reynolds Porter Chamberlain). She was seconded there for 6 months and to this day says it was the best experience of her professional life. She's now like living in a hippie commune in Brighton and works in osteopathy and "energy healing", so she isn't at all the type of person who likes businesspeople. She maintains he's the most supportive, time-generous, and motivational manager she's ever had.

Edited by Theregulars

The only thing that bugs me about all this is footballers having endless money, yet no other productive hobbies aside from football. I get some of them are thick as mince and as deep as a puddle. 

I love owt like seeing Petr Čech playing drums or him playing goalie in Ice Hockey. 

10 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Weirdly I heard the exact same from my friend who worked for one of Sports Direct's panel law firms (Reynolds Porter Chamberlain). She was seconded there for 6 months and to this day says it was the best experience of her professional life. She's now like living in a hippie commune in Brighton and works in osteopathy and "energy healing", so she isn't at all the type of person who likes businesspeople. She maintains he's the most supportive, time-generous, and motivational manager she's ever had.

I’d sooner take her word for it rather than the show a bit of chest hair, insincere two handed handshake interested in the family while eyeing up the young nurses bellend I am talking about. 

Eddie will be smart and spin this to our advantage, yes the lad might get a ban but I can guarantee Eddie and the team will support him 100% and this can only help him settle better, build a better relationship with the club and ultimately become more invested in the club, here's hoping the ban isn't anymore than 3 months or so.

Great interview from Eddie Howe.

It's times like this, when things seem to be going wrong, that you realise what someone is made of.

So, Howe is going to be a legend here if as he isn't already. Come on Sandro, prove that you're worth that trust.

6 minutes ago, MagMal said:

Eddie will be smart and spin this to our advantage, yes the lad might get a ban but I can guarantee Eddie and the team will support him 100% and this can only help him settle better, build a better relationship with the club and ultimately become more invested in the club, here's hoping the ban isn't anymore than 3 months or so.

It'll be more than 3 months mate. I'm guessing 12

Eddie is such a class act, don't think many would have handled the press conference with such professionalism. 

58 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Great interview from Eddie Howe.

It's times like this, when things seem to be going wrong, that you realise what someone is made of.

So, Howe is going to be a legend here if as he isn't already. Come on Sandro, prove that you're worth that trust.

Assuming he will be out for 12 months, lets try to look at it from the hyperpositive perspective:

Lets say the spark was missing in the first months here because he had to leave Milan only due to these personal issues. Milan accepts our offer at a reasonable price, again only due to the circumstances. He gets a lot of love and support from the fans and the manager, which will give him tons of motivation to come back stronger, clear of the gambling addiction, and also wanting to repay the fans and the team + manager. In the short term it's a horrible signing in this case, but in the longer term we could end up with a hugely important player, which we possibly would never have gotten if it wasn't for this gambling issue.

This is a lot of assumptions, just trying to see it from a different perspective. Obviously not ideal regardless, but there's still hope for a best case scenario if he gets suspended.

Edited by Erikse