Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

8 hours ago, 54 said:

If we get knocked out the FA Cup in the next round, and assuming we play 3 games at the start of next season before his ban comes to an end. We'd be exactly halfway through his suspension right now, in terms of competitive games.

I didn't realise his ban doesn't end to after next season already starts. That's a bit of an extra F you from the Italian authorities :D 

On 02/02/2024 at 12:21, Reggae Magpie said:

Even showed a bit of banter with Hall and the guy from NUFC TV.

Well those 3 people have something in common, they don't get any minutes on the pitch.

On 03/02/2024 at 02:33, alexf said:

I didn't realise his ban doesn't end to after next season already starts. That's a bit of an extra F you from the Italian authorities :D 

Imagine when he gets injured in the first 5 mins. 

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Someone's going to have to write down the lyrics for me, got no idea what any of that is aside from Ole :lol:

The other four words are:

Midfield Maestro,

From Milano

38 minutes ago, jack j said:

Find it a bit weird this song gets blasted out more than any other

Especially when bruno has just carried us to a win on his own

It’ll be because we nicked it off someone else. Probably Liverpool, who in turn will have taken it from the continent. They then get done to death and replace a lot of the classics. 

Some are good, of course. But our songbook is pretty shite for the most part. 

2 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Hopefully, he was one of the best centre mids in the world before he signed.  🤞🏻

Was he ? I know he was highly rated but one of the best in the world seems a bit of a stretch.

3 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

It’ll be because we nicked it off someone else. Probably Liverpool, who in turn will have taken it from the continent. They then get done to death and replace a lot of the classics. 

Some are good, of course. But our songbook is pretty shite for the most part. 

Celtic I think. “Champions again, Ole ole”

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Has he been gambling again like?

FA still investigating him on if he broke FA rules, maybe betting on games here when he signed.  So until they decide he could still get a ban from them. 

55 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Total f***** mare if that is true.  You would hope they back date it and say he has done his time. 

Toney got off pretty lightly, in some ways. With a good chunk of his ban being served when he wouldn’t be playing, anyway. 

You’d like to think it would be back dated or similarly lenient, at least. 

It's highly unlikely the FA will add anymore time to his ban. They may charge him with something but rule that the current FIFA ban he has already served is sufficient. 

Think if this were even 2-3 years ago then maybe they'd add something on. Think public sentiment towards gambling addiction has softened massively, they'd look like proper bastards if they gave him a further 6 months. 

It's very unclear what the FA are actually doing, and why. 

No news since November and even that was mainly one-line stories with no sources and no details.

I don't see the point in it unless they might want to punish him further, which seems very unlikely given he's already serving more than Ivan Toney got anyway.