Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

But that wasn't what he said, he said he was still betting under investigation when he wasn't

True. I was trying to determine why the FA charged him, I myself wasn't sure he had bet in England or not.

1 minute ago, ShootShoot said:

Is Mr P talking shite again ?

I work on the assumption he is always talking shit. Saves ever having to click his videos

24 minutes ago, Paully said:

Why the charges then? Makes no sense - I can see him getting a longer ban like

Because he's still broken their rules. It's like charging someone with murder and then tagging on a load of other smaller but related charges - they aren't going to give 25 years for murder, then another 2 for breaking & entering, then another 3 for carrying an unlicenced firearm etc, but they're still going to charge them for it all.

Charged =/= additional punishment

14 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Surely if you work in gambling you know that having lots of money doesn't stop you from having a gambling addiction?

Yep, as i said the thrill is what hooks you. 

For most "normal" people its the wish to get rich easy, meaning some ultralow chance lottery and sportsbetting. Mainly driven by lust for money. 

Blackjack, poker, slots and livebetting is like heroin. 

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It's nothing additional to what we already knew tbh

Doesnt stop the usual suspects piling into the club, doom junkies

1 hour ago, STM said:

Just think if they had done this back in October, the ban would have run concurrent anyway.

The idea the FA fucking about for 6 months could cost Tonali more time out is ridiculous.

Fine him heavily. Give him 12 months suspended and move on.

Don’t get this statement - he didn’t bet c concurrently so why should he be charged that way?

1 hour ago, FLUMPO235 said:

I don’t know, I still prefer him to Stéphane Guivarc'h. 

I never understood the hate for Guivarch? How is he the worst signing, he only played 4 games and even scored 1 goal? He was top scorer in the French league his previous two seasons and started for the World Cup winners in most games. Was it just that he never met expectations?

We’ve signed some shockers so can’t think what makes Guivarch the worst? He didn’t even seem like a mercenary he left not long after a manager change so didn’t hang around for wages etc.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

I don't think he was was he?

The moment the Italian investigation started he stopped betting in the UK

FA says he was betting in October the month he got banned.

1 minute ago, duo said:

FA says he was betting in October the month he got banned.

That doesn't mean he was betting under investigation?

14 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

I never understood the hate for Guivarch? How is he the worst signing, he only played 4 games and even scored 1 goal? He was top scorer in the French league his previous two seasons and started for the World Cup winners in most games. Was it just that he never met expectations?

We’ve signed some shockers so can’t think what makes Guivarch the worst? He didn’t even seem like a mercenary he left not long after a manager change so didn’t hang around for wages etc.

Didn’t say he was the worst, I was jovially implying it’s a bit hysterical to say tonali is the worst signing we have ever made….

Just now, FLUMPO235 said:

Didn’t say he was the worst, I was jovially implying it’s a bit hysterical to say tonali is the worst signing we have ever made….

Worst so far 👍😊

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

Doesnt stop the usual suspects piling into the club, doom junkies

Think it highlights how people just react without bothering to read anything either. 

Somehow Tonali is a cunt for continuing to bet despite being banned and the club are at fault for it dragging on so long [emoji38] Doesn't matter that neither thing is true.  

10 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I bet he’s winning the cost per game comp! 

Emmanuel Rivière could have been free and still win that.

2 hours ago, duo said:

So he was betting in the UK whilst being investigated in Italy? :serious:

image.thumb.png.abcb4d8d00da29306443255b9135115f.png 

It's not like the Italian FA would have informed him about the investigation until they had the evidence they needed to start questioning him.

I see a few simpletons on Twitter are saying his yellow against Villa was obviously deliberate and somehow linked to his gambling. 

I think if you needed a yellow for betting purposes. You might have made sure of getting one earlier and not waited until you were subbed and getting booked for what looked like a marginal call for

time wasting.